Wind of Change

Dear pathfinders,

it is with a heavy heart that we come to you today. You may have noticed an unusual stillness on our game’s social media - especially on this forum, as well as Kickstarter and Discord. Sadly, our beloved community manager, Berserkerkitten, has bid us farewell last week. Due to health reasons, he decided to take a step back and put everything on hold while he recuperates. The dev team at Owlcat Games would like to thank Berserkerkitten for his titanic contributions to this game and this community. We fully support your decision and wish you a speedy recovery!

As of now, a whole group of people is going to work hard every day to make sure your questions are answered, your concerns are addressed and your feedback is heard. There is quite a backlog of e-mails, messages and posts to go through, so it might take some time until we can get back to you, but we’ll get there sooner rather than later - promise. On this forum and on Kickstarter, this task will predominantly fall on me. Which means that introductions are in order!

My name is Kotarsis, I am a narrative designer and (from now on) a community manager at Owlcat Games. You might have met me at our dev streams last week, or on our Discord server. I was an academic games researcher before becoming a part of the industry, I know a thing or two about Eastern European fantasy and sci-fi, and I have a soft spot for linguistics and philosophy. But most of all, I am very happy that I will be able to spend more time with you, guys and gals, and I’ll do my best to keep this place cozy and warm.

Hail to the Kings!

Wish all the best to Berserkerkitten.
And welcome to you ^^
And…Good Luck!

Whoa, you’ve certainly made me worried for a second!
Not to diminish (or exaggerate, for that matter) BK contribution or anything, but I believe this change is for the better.

Fully agree on all 3 points. And thanks for a great experience so far.

I thought it had gotten a little quiet. All the best to BK, he’s been great throughout Alpha/Beta.

Thanks for the notice, I hope it’s nothing too serious for Berserkerkitten, I thought it was very weird to have a radio silence given the issue the game face and the need for daily hotfix patches. good luck to you then, you’re going to need it, player tend to be quite grumpy when they encountergame stopping bug

Thank you for the update. I hope that Berserkerkitten recovers quickly, and am truly grateful for all of BK’s hard work during the Kickstarter and beta times. Welcome to your new position Kotarsis - hope you enjoy it!

I wish BK a fast recovery; I hope it goes well for him.

Welcome, K0. I know you’ve got your work cut out for you (this is a rough time to start this job), so best of luck making this game the grand success we know it can be!

Hello, K0tarsis, and welcome to this community that you joined a year ago (so, before me :stuck_out_tongue: ) even though you did not post anything. And good luck to you.

As for BerserkerKitten, I feel sorry and worried about him. Send him our best wishes. I think most, if not all, of those who were there during last year have come to appreciate his hard work, enthousiasm, and benign disposition. He was always available (or he did his best to, given all he had to do these last few months), helpful and a diplomat. I hope he will be all right.

I will always associate Kingmaker with BerserkerKitten. He served as a tremendous ambassador for the game and his genuine enthusiasm for the game and player base is something I will miss. Get well, BK. And don’t be a stranger. :slight_smile:

Completely agree! I really miss BK from the forums, and I only wish the best for him.

Also, warm welcome for K0tarsis! Good luck!

As the first question : when we will get information about the upcoming Season Pass content? I know, that there are possibly more important things to do now, but since we were supposed to know the content before the game release, maybe you could start to drop some info about the first upcomind DLC or something. :slight_smile:

Yes I agree, good luck, you did well.

I got my posting privileges here on the forums just in time to wish BK all the best in his health and future endeavors.

I’m late to the Kingmaker party, I found out about the game only a week before launch, but BK was a very kind, enthusiastic and informative person. A very positive “face” for the new game. He’ll be missed.

And welcome, and good luck to you, Kotarsis! Excited to see you’re excited! The entire Pathfinder team is obvious quality!

Best wishes and swift recovery for Berserkerkitten.

And welcome our new forum overlords!