Why -4 attack on Level 1 Slayer?

Hi,

I’ve created a level 1 Slayer and started a Tenebrous Depths game on normal difficulty. Can someone explain me why there is a -4 “other” attack modifier when attacking the first trash goblins (no buffs/debuffs)?

I see this might be related to the two attacks the character has from anywhere. Obviously a two-handed weapon counts as dual wielding too it seems thus resulting in -4 and -8 attack bonuses. I’d prefer a single attack with 0 though but okay.

It is because your weapon is doublebladed. Normal two-handed weapons will not have this penalty.

1 Like

Double bladed is treated as two identical weapons (off-hand is counted as light). So you would need the Two-Weapon Fighting feat(s) to reduce it to -2/-2.

1 Like

If you want a single attack with no penalties, you’ll probably want to use a greataxe or other non-double weapon instead of a double axe

1 Like

Yea, great axe is a good one, usually a lot of those around. For Beneath the Stolen Lands runs, I like see what the vendors have before I pick a weapon focus just to make sure that there is something good for me to buy when I get higher level.

1 Like