What are you playing while waiting WoR

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen!!
I am really looking forward for Owlcat next Pathfinder game, I enjoyed so much the first one, for me the best CRPG for at least the past 10 years ( but that’s my personal opinion).

I am now with out game to play and I am thinking getting Baldur’s Gate I & II enhanced editions to do a new run after 20 years completing them.

But you guys might have good suggestions for me or we could speak about how Olcat’s Pathfinder seems to be the real successor of old school RPGs computer based.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Baldurs Gate 3, Atom RPG/Wasteland 3 and Hades.

2 Likes

Pillars of Eternity, it’s sequel Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire, and Tyranny were all really good.
The above 4 are also really good as well, though I think Hades is a different genre.

3 Likes

WotR Alpha… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

More seriously, small independant games at the moment, quickly played.

3 Likes

Age of Decadence - isometric RPG with a lot of replayability, roman themed world, after devastating “sci-fi” war so kind of post-apocaliptic, technology is considered magic. TB square combat (hard), but can play whole game withouth fighting.
Tyrany - from Obsidian. RTwP, more story reactivity than PoE.
Stygian Reign of the Old Ones - great Lovecraft horror RPG, hexagon grid turn based combat.
Disco Elysium - great replayability, no gameplay combat(dialogue and “skill checks” solves “combat”). More of adventure Isometric RPG.

Kind of different type of game, but would recommend Sunless Skies, isometric RPG exploration adventure rouge-like, with Lovecraft inspiration. You are captain of space locomotive, it is in Victorian era style (London fell to Unterzee(Sunless Sea), Queen found way to travel to space), it has trading, real-time combat, massive complicated lore and story, you influence conflicts, who rules “cities”.

2 Likes

Torment: Tides of Numenera - Turn-based, and a similar mood to Planescape: Torment (more adventure game leaning than most of these)

2 Likes

Alpha, it’s the best game out there already.

2 Likes

Im playing Wrath of the righteous (alpha is great), temtem, warframe (devs are starting to piss me off and the game is very busted in places), a very homebrew pathfinder campaign, 3 D&D 5e games, and whatever strikes my fancy in my VR library (waiting on mods to update for beatsaber) :roll_left_up:

1 Like

I am also still playing the WotR alpha and I think after that I will get into Wasteland 3. I wanted to play Wasteland 3 earlier, but then the 2nd alpha phase prevented my plans :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha great list of potential games, I have played some of them but some will have my attention.
There is a RPG that comes from podcast we had in France back in the days, Naheulbeuk’s donjon, it was an hilarious podcast about adventurers exploring a donjon of course, they have now released a game based on it so it won’t be as dramatic as most of these games but it can do the trick if you want to smile and laugh as you go through that game :wink:
Cheers,

2 Likes

Well nwn1/2 both games have some modules made by fans some of which are very good, even in the better made ones expect some level of oddities or problems. You may need to use cheat codes to open a door or moving your character to a certain area when certain items don’t spawn. Overall i can recommend some of them sadly some are in a state of being unfinished.

Oh yeah!! I played NWN 1 and 2 for month and I have been digging in to the mods too like the one where the creator made it futuristic. Still have the saves somewhere lol. Great fun that game clearly.

Yes, the game Naheulbeuk’s Dungeon is also in English and has been released on Steam. I’ve played a bit at a friend’s. It’s a Dungeon Crawler, turn-based, with some fun. As far as I know, it follows the original podcast, but is not as hilarious as that was. Still fun, though, even though I haven’t played much yet.

1 Like

Baldur’s Gate 3, Magic the Gathering Arena, and soon Solasta and in November the newest expansion of Age of Wobders: Planetfall Starkings.

Baldur’s Gate 3. Owlcat should really look at a new game engine for next game after Wrath IMHO.

WOTR without constant loading would be amazing but sadly we are stuck with Uni-loading screen-ty.

Nothing special. I’ve been watching Praetor’s Rejects and their Dungeon of the Mad Mage campaign.

Have you eared about Solasta?

Well the spellforce third game and dlc soul harvest are all good not seeing any mention of it here. Fire emblems 4-13, and one more rpg two worlds 2 and its dlc. Though the game is an rpg it is very janky.

I enjoyed it even more than baldur’s gate 3

1 Like