I’m big fan of crpg genre and based on Kingmaker experience I think it can be great game, but there are so many issues with first one that sometimes it was hard to enjoy. So I have few suggestions and wishes.
- No loading screens between small areas, frequently traveled between - like in Kingmaker, there shouldn’t be need for loading between parts of the city.
- Better, clearer quick bars - on left side these bars are really not convienient, at least give us the ability to group them main bars in expandable icons.
- Please no more unskipable slow ‘cutscenes’ without save time after. Don’t punish us for playing on harder difficulties which makes us reload more and we have to watch these cutscenes for another 5 minutes.
- Quick bar abilities when whole party is selected - how comfortable it would be if we could assign skill of one character (like healing) that are accesible from bar when party is selected. Just much faster than every time selecting character -> chosing ability -> selecting whole party, over and over again
- Clearer item descriptions - instead of reading whole block of text, list of each ability or effect would be much better for inventory management
- Time limits - don’t make us travel for each problem so often, give us more time to explore, we want to see game you created, why are you making it harder for us.
- Selectable icon for pets with HP along with other characters - it would be much easier to keep them alive if we could select him without misclicking on 20 other monster surrounding it. And seeing if he’s close to death is quite important. It doesn’t have to be full size portrait, just smaller one on top of ‘masters’ portrait.
- Color marks on stats that are affected by item you are looking at - for beginners it would make it much easier to understand how it works.
- Mark on locations that are fully cleared.
- Indications on characters that have something new/quest to give, at least for some difficulties or as option.
- Notes with quest log - sometimes (especialy with that time limit) it would be very useful to be able to note few things in quests journal.
- Diverse locations. It’s hard to enjoy exploring if that means looking at the same maps over and over again.
- Horses? Wagons? Doesn’t that world has something to travel faster? Pegasus?
- More laguages options - please, you would have much more players if you could make more translations.
- Make stealth useful, if I can sneak attack with ranger in every attack, same for rogue, then what’s the point of sneaking? I had to use it for disarming like 3 traps for whole game.
- Being evil is not just killing bunnies and traders. Come on, if you have an option to be evil at least don’t make it pointless. Evil doesn’t mean stupid.
- Character collisions - if troll can walk through that corridor that means than my warrior can pass by my mage in that corridor. Right?
- PLEASE fix AI and traps. If they see traps and walk straight into them yet they have 26 INT, there’s something wrong, isn’t there?
- Naming pets. It can’t be hard.
- Notes on map on locations. I’d like to remember what I skipped due to too low level, just by looking at map
- Putting potion stacks on quick draw. Yeah realism, but after using a potion we have to go to inventory, put it on bar, then again and again and…
- Marking items as ‘for sale’
- More puzzles, they fit perfectly with exploring ancient ruins. If somebody doesn’t like them they are looking up solutions anyway
- Rotating buildins - if you’re giving bonuses for planning a city, then let us plan it correctly
- Speed up time/slow down - at least for normal difficulty. walking through whole location on normal speed is just waste of time, especialy looking at point #12, slowing down would make following harder fights much easier.
- Escaping the fight. There’s only choice between win and die right now with every fight. We could at least have a chance, to solve things other ways.
- Zoom in/zoom out on map.
- Why characters have cooldown BEFORE casting a spell instead of after at the beginning of the fight? why do they just stand there when enemies are already charging. Please make it right in second game.
Edit: some extra points
29. Extra inventory shortcuts, can we have dropping items with shift+click instead of confirming every item drop with message box? Same would be great with for example ctrl+click lets you pick all items which are same as iteam you clicked. (easier for looting)
30. Search bar by name in inventory
31. Keep inforamtion window of an item while having another up. Easier to compare.