Suggestion to fix crashing due to pressing "X" during combat

To whoever is in charge of developing patches…

Hello, and thanks for making this fantastic game. As I’m sure you are all aware, this game has a
rather significant bug on Xbox One (and apparently also on PS4) that for whatever reason causes a total lockup when “X” is pressed in any combat situation. Once I realized why the game kept
crashing I stopped switching between “5-step move,” “Move,” “Standard Action,” etc, while in
turn-based mode and that solved my problem… however… it’s still very easy to accidentally
press such a prominent button on the controller or to simply forget! So if you cannot fix whatever is actually wrong with the game, how about adding a toggle to the options that briefly explains the issue and gives players the option of disabling that function during combat? I have no idea if what I’m asking is easy, complex, or impossible, but it sounds like a reasonable compromise…

From the brief time I spent investigating this issue (brief because I am desperately trying to avoid plot spoilers), I saw that this incredible game has a terrible reputation for being unstable. Thus far the only other issue I have had has been with the game lagging, but I’m willing to accept that it’s due to consoles just not being good enough to play computer ports smoothly… trust me, this is a heck of a lot better than how insanely choppy Pillars of Eternity 2 was on Xbox One… ugh. Anyway, by adding this toggle, it might help improve the user experience and by extension improve your reputation. Please consider it!

So that’s it… I tried to keep this brief but it doesn’t look like I succeeded… the TLDR version is: Please add a way to disable “X” during combat, but only for swapping between movement, combat actions, etc… not for anything involving the hotbars, combat log, or anything else unrealated to the crashes. I don’t want to be responsible for you making a patch that makes the game unplayable, so if you can’t separate these functions please forget I said anything and don’t do anything at all. We can’t refuse patches on console so it would just wreck the game if you did a blanket change like that.

Alright, thanks for your time. I avoid all forums like the plague these days, but complex RPGs are so rare on consoles… I just had to try. I probably won’t read a response to this (if there is one) until I beat the game since I can’t risk someone spoiling something, but… well, I hope this suggestion helped, or at least informed another player how to drastically improve stability.