Steam Awards! How-To and Dev's Own Picks

Dear Pathfinders,

The gaming community is voting! The Steam Awards are here, and everyone can nominate their favorite games to show their appreciation and support. We hear that many of you have voted for “Pathfinder: Kingmaker” in the “Labor of Love” category, or even “Game of the Year” – thank you so much for this! It is truly humbling. We’re overjoyed that some of you think we are worthy of such a nomination, and we will keep working on the game, polishing those things we got right and fixing those we got wrong. No matter whether you’ve decided to vote for us or not, thank you for being with us on this journey – for playing the game, for being a part of the community, for helping us find and fix bugs – for making “Pathfinder: Kingmaker” better for everyone.

Of course, no developer can get good at their craft without playing games themselves, so we, too, take part in the voting! Here a few of the gems that people at the studio have nominated so far:

• Frostpunk (most votes)
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (many votes)
  • Subnautica
  • Don’t Starve Together
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Conan: Exiles
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Dark Souls III
    and many more. Please, tell us - what are the games that you’ve chosen to vote for, and why?

The voting takes place on Steam and will be open until tomorrow, Nov 27, 10 AM PT. If you want to nominate a game, you can do so directly on its store page on Steam. Steam also awards players who vote with a “Steam Awards Nomination Committee” badge. To get the highest level of the badge, one has to nominate a game for each category, play at least 1 game of the ones you’ve nominated, and review (or update a review) for a game you’ve nominated.

Haven’t seen this until now. These are my votes:

Game of the year - Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Labor of love - Stardew Valley
Best developer - None, I wanted to vote for Owlcat Games but the option wasn’t provided.
Better with friends - Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Best Alternate History Award - Expeditions: Viking
Most Fun with a Machine Award - Battletech

:smiley:

For this year, Game of the Year is not relevant anymore, but Labor of Love certainly is, that’s what I voted :slight_smile: