Revenge of the big dump fighter
- in BG1 the beginning was hard if you are not a fighter. Without heavy armor and some HP most chars will be one shotted early in the game. Wizards, clerics and druids have great spells, but in the beginning you have 2 spells per day and then you can only use your sling for the rest of the day.
- NWN2 was my first DnD 3E game (well, 3.5). As noob I chose the default option and ended up with a human fighter. I did not understand much and quit after some time.
- Then I played NWN2 OC/motb with a dwarf fighter/frenzied berserker/weapon master/dwarven defender with a greatsword. I finished the game but the char was underwhelming. I started chaotic good but as always I ended up being lawful good.
- In the latest alpha of wotr I used a str based magus with reach weapons and I realized that 99% of the time I just attack.
So I thought about trying it with a char that can do nothing but swinging a huge weapon.
Class: 2 handed fighter
Race: Hungerseed tiefling (+str, +wis, -cha, + persuation and CMB)
Stats: 20, 12, 14, 10, 16, 5
background: Oblate (wis for persuation)
weapon of choice: glaive (I think this is the most frequent reach weapon)
skills: persuation and athletics, too bad perception is not a class skill
Race: Motherless tiefling sounds good with bite attack, but I do not know if bite works together with reach weapon and enlarge person.
- Does the increased strengh bonus (100% bonus instead of 50% when using 2h weapon) work also when using cleave and its upgrades? The description mentiones only the attack and charge action.
- Does greater power attack stack with mystic power attack and if yes, how?
party: Seelah: tank, I really like her, a paladin who is not a fanatic zealot
Woljiff: skill monkey, should survive in the front when buffed
Lann: ranged damage, I like him. Not sure if I keep him single class
Sosiel: Buff and heal bot. Dearan would be an alternative, but I end up always lawful good.
Nenio: The party does not feel right without a mage. My buff and CC bot.
I could also consider a human with the base fighter class. This would be the most default option that does not have any active abilities.