PS4 patch-notes 01.03
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!
- Fixed some of the issues that led to corrupted save files.
- Fixed the issue due to which the game sometimes couldn’t be saved at the end of the Varnhold’s Lot campaign.
- The Fog of War data storage format in the saved games has been changed, thus decreasing the files’ size. Special thanks to our player Hambeard for this idea!
- It was impossible to close the message box with congratulations on completing the Varnhold’s Lot campaign. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed the issue due to which the final boss failed to appear at the end of the Varnhold’s Lot campaign.
- Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement: at the Capital Square, in the Adamantine Shield Fortress, in the Lostlarn Keep — the Depths.
- The performance has been slightly improved, namely, when using a large number of long-lasting AoE effects (auras, Cloudkill and so on).
- When enabled, the ‘Auto interrupt movement’ setting interrupted the attacks and touch spells, especially at a low FPS. Resolution: fixed.
- When a character had a charged spell and couldn’t reach their target, a turn now ends automatically even if the character still has a touch attack available.
- Fixed the hints that showed lines of enemies’ and allies’ attacks.
- Fixed the issue due to which moving from one zone to another with a large party (20+) could result in the game crash.
- It was impossible to attack Kobold Artist at the troll’s lair. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed the issue due to which it was possible to talk to the inquisitor at the Secluded Lodge only once.
- Fixed Octavia’s position at Oleg’s Trading Post.
- Fixed the positions of some enemies at the Old Sycamore area.
- Fixed the looped romance scene with Regongar in the Capital.
- The joking mite was rescued from under the ground in the Old Sycamore Caves.
- A rare issue with exiting from some areas has been addressed once again by improving the algorithm that determines the point of switching between locations.
- The UI could sometimes work incorrectly if you opened and closed the spellbook quickly on the spell selection page during the level-up or character generation. Resolution: fixed.
- If you increased a character’s level and then moved to another location sometimes the class selection page worked incorrectly for another character. Resolution: fixed.
- Bracers of Armor failed to protect from incorporeal touch attacks. Resolution: fixed. Bracers of Armor now provide a bonus against incorporeal touch attacks.
- Instead of applying one of the three effects at random, the Black Star starknife applied all three at the same time.
- The event with Sartayne (Nazrielle’s apprentice and royal advisor) in the throne room worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
- Weapons disappeared when standing after knockout. Resolution: fixed.
- Commands given during the cutscenes played in turn-based mode could be interrupted by the combat logic, which resulted in the cutscene issues. Resolution: fixed.
- If a character was moving when a cutscene started in turn-based combat, the game could freeze. Resolution: fixed.
- If you had a lot of mercenaries, the game could freeze for a long time when calculating the kingdom data automatically. Resolution: fixed.
- Lingering Performance didn’t take into account the time left until the end of the current round. Resolution: fixed.
- Bardic Knowledge didn’t allow the bard to make Knowledge skill checks untrained. Resolution: fixed.
- A druid in the Shambling Mound shape with the Natural Spell feat couldn’t use any abilities or spells. Resolution: fixed.
- Wild Shape (Smilodon) had an incorrect damage description for attacks. Resolution: fixed.
- Wild Shape (Bear) bear had 1d4 damage on attacks instead of the intended 1d6. Resolution: fixed. Now bear attacks have 1d6 damage.
- The monk’s Style Strike turned off after every rest. Resolution: fixed.
- The sage sorcerer’s Arcane Bolt ability now correctly works with sneak attacks and feats affecting rays.
- The Metakinetic Master ability no longer creates the second ability in the ability list with a wrong burn cost.
- The slayer’s Studied Target ability used on party characters failed to end. Resolution: fixed. Now it stops working after resting.
- Several rogue characters no longer disable each other’s Debilitating Injury spells.
- The Mage Armor spell failed to protect from incorporeal touch attacks. Resolution: fixed. Mage Armor now provides 4 AC bonus against incorporeal touch attacks.
- Shroud of Water and several other abilities could sometimes turn off. Resolution: fixed.
- A magus could continue to move after a full-round attack in which Spell Combat was used. Resolution: fixed.
- Tristian’s Angelic Form used a standard action instead of a move action. Resolution: fixed. It now spends a move action.
- Hellfire Ray was displayed twice in the level up spell selection window for wizards and sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.
- Freedom of Movement now correctly works on all movement-impairing effects of the Tar Pool spell.
- True Seeing now correctly allows you to ignore different concealment effects, such as Displacement and Blur.
- Arcane Strike worked incorrectly in turn-based mode. Resolution: fixed.
- After you created a mercenary, some alignment-restricted spells could become unavailable even if the alignment was selected correctly. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed the issue due to which Peridot Wyvern became uncontrollable.
- Fixed the issue due to which pets became uncontrollable after the companions’ duels.
- Fixed an issue due to which ghosts couldn’t do anything.
- The boggard’s Terrifying Croak had no Fear descriptor, that’s why bonuses to saving throws against fear were not applied. Resolution: fixed. Terrifying Croak now has the Fear descriptor.
- The nereid’s aura was multiplied if characters succeeded at saving throws against her.
- Mimic’s Adhesive Entanglement had no description. Resolution: fixed. Adhesive Entanglement now has the Entangle description.
- Spectres received the halved damage from the Unholy, Positive, and Negative Energy effects. Resolution: fixed. Now Spectres receive the correct amount of damage from spells and abilities with the Unholy, Positive, and Negative Energy descriptors.
- In turn-based mode, effects on enemies could last longer than intended; effects on any characters could last 1 turn less than intended; effects during their last active turn could be visible on the characters’ portraits but they were not visible using Inspect and on the character’s screen. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed the issue due to which AOE effects couldn’t be applied through doorways.
- Fixed some errors due to which characters couldn’t hide their weapons after the battle was finished.
- The AI behavior for a 5-ft. step in turn-based mode has been improved; freezing of AI turns in some cases has been fixed.