PS4 and Hourly Crashes

First thing’s first. When I’m able to play, I absolutely love this game. I’d play it for hours on end if I could, I’d get lost in the story and its characters, the combat (both RTWP and Turn Based) and the dozens of character creation options. But that’s the catch. I can’t play it for hours. Why? Because it crashes (CE-34878-0) between every 1 hour, to every 3 hours.

I bought this game a month ago now, and when the problem first reared its head, I thought I’d push through it and it’d eventually go away, and when that didn’t happen I thought, well, maybe something happened to this particular save file? So despite having 10 hours into the game, I deleted the saves and started over. When that failed to fix the problem, I reinstalled the game! Surely it had to be something that went wrong on the initial install, right? Nope. Like clockwork, another few hours into the game and it gives me the blue screen of death!

I want to love this game. I KNOW I’d love this game. After playing DnD 3.5 at the table as a kid, Pathfinder 1e was my reintroduction to the TTRPG genre as an adult, and I absolutely loved it. So when I saw Kingmaker on the PS store and I had the spare cash I grabbed it up so fast my own head spun.

But now I’ve read the reviews, the reddit posts, and I’ve taken a look at the forums here… I’m worried. Almost no new posts, and what new ones there are, they’re hostile towards each other and there’s no Dev’s in sight. Hopefully my fears turn out to be nothing, but as it stands… Did I waste 40 bucks on this game? Is the only way I’m going to be able to finish it is by wading through hourly crashes and occasional bugs?

Hello Zephoma.

It is unfortunate that you are experiencing these issues. Hopefully, the next patch should resolve them for you. As a workaround until it hits, try periodically saving the game and reloading if you start seeing a decrease in performance.

Note that these forums are less active now with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous getting closer to release. Attention is focused on the new game.

Any timeline on that patch? I’ve looked around the forums and haven’t seen any mention of it, though I might’ve missed it. And thanks for the prompt reply!

Any timeline on that patch? I’ve looked around the forums and haven’t seen any mention of it, though I might’ve missed it. And thanks for the prompt reply!

Sadly I can’t provide a specific date yet, but it should come relatively soon. Stay tuned to our social networks and forums, it will be announced.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound very promising actually