Post 1.0.3c bug: slow loading to 100% and freeze

Like it says in the title, after the patch as I try to load into locations from the world map, the loading goes very slowly, by 1% increments and then when it reaches 100% it does not load the stage. Anyone else experiencing this?

4 Likes

Same! Can’t resolve so many quests now.

1 Like

It’s started hitting all areas. Can’t even get back into Drezen!

1 Like

I am having the same issue

1 Like

It seems to be caused by killing companions for some reason or another. I went back to a previous save, didn’t kill ****** and everything was ok from then.

2 Likes

Same - I am toward end game after returning from the Abyss doing Camellia’s companion quest - redacted and then left and encountered the same bug.

2 Likes

now that you mention it, the last thing I did before this happened was killing a companion.

2 Likes

This happened to me after completing [redacted]'s companion quest in Chapt 5.

Same symptoms as everyone else. When trying to enter Drezen, the loading to 100% takes minutes, then just freezes. When looking at task manager my cpu and gpu usage for the game sit at around 30-40%, and the game does not show as “Not Responding”, but the load never completes.

I left it running overnight just to test if it was exceptional slow, but after 8 hours it was still running, but the page hadn’t loaded.

2 Likes

For me it was Act III, in the random instance of the Crescent of the Moon quest line. Killed the companion, then left to the world map and then couldn’t load into any stage from it. slow load to 100% and stuck there.

1 Like

Yep, this happen to me. Did a quest in Drezen with a certain companion, killed said companion, and now I’m stuck with this issue. When I tried to fix it in various ways I ended up over writing any saves before killing them and now I’m stuck. How this is fixed next update.

1 Like

I loaded the file before the companion was killed and it appears to have solved the problem.

1 Like

I’am having the same problem, if you kill the companion during noble intent, i the game just have slow loading and 100% freeze download.

1 Like

The same thing happened with my playthrough. Can’t imagine the scale of the issue. Literally, every good playthrough is now bricked.

Welp I guess my lich playthrough is completely ruined if this bug is from killed companions, Ol Nenio bit the dust in Act 1 and im in act 4.

1 Like