Portraits of Animal Companions don't show up

Platform:
PC (GOG)

Do you have any mods?
No

Please explain the issue is in as much detail as possible:
My animal companions don’t show up on the bar at the bottom of the screen except for whe nI open the inventory screen and the character screen. Nothing more to say really except that it’s true for both My own character as well as party members with Animal Companions.

Animal companion portrait never show up on the bar at the bottom of the screen… This is something they should definitely add in their second game.

I think there is a mod that can add the animal portrait on that bar.

As far as I recall, the “Bag of Tricks” mod can do this, as animal companions are definitely missing from the bottom bar when the inventory is not open.

The problem was that this added the “scroll left/right” arrows you normally see when inventory/spellbook is open. They then overlapped with the “autocast” on the left and the “toggle ai/stealth” on the right. This became especially annoying because AI always resets itself to on when leaving turnbased mode (which I consider a bug).

The “bag of tricks” mod, however, also allows adding a 2nd healthbar to every party member that has an animal companion. Which is what I ended up using.

PS: I might have been wrong, it could have also been the mod “UI Extensions”.

PPS: Yes, here it is:

And here is the unfortunate overlapping: