Id like to make a Poll to find out which New Melee Weapons the backers want the most.
The Poll options were taken from ( https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons ) so these are the Melee Weapons that have an official Paizo entry. From all these, Ive chosen the ones that have a distinctively different look over what we already have.
Poll: 3 Votes =Your 3 preferred melee Weapons for WotR (or any later campaign).
- Crossbow Bayonet
- Deer Horn Knife
- Dire Flail
- Lucerne Hammer
- Weapon - Prof., type - dam.(M), crit mult. - dam. type - Special Effects (see below)
- Cestus - Simple, Light - 1d4, 19-20/x2 - Bludge/Pierce - Monk
- Crossbow Bayonet - Simple, 2H - 1d6, x2 - Pierce
- Deer Horn Knife - Exotic, Light - 1d4, x3 - Pierce - Monk, Blocking
- Dire Flail - Exotic, Double - 1d8/1d8, x2/x2 - Bludge - Disarm, Trip
- Flambard - Exotic, 2H - 1d10, 19-20/x2 - Slash - Sunder
- Gladius - Martial, Light - 1d6, x2 - Slash/Pierce - Performance
- Halberd - Martial, 2H - 1d10, x3 - Slash/Pierce - Brace, Trip
- Katar - Martial, Light - 1d4, x4 - Pierce
- Khopesh - Exotic, 1H - 1d8, 19-20/x2 - Slash - Trip
- Lance - Martial, 2H - 1d8, x3 - Pierce - Reach
- Dwarven Longaxe - Exotic, 2H - 1d12, x3 - Slash - Reach
- Lucerne Hammer - Martial, 2H - 1d12, x2 - Bludge/Pierce - Reach, Brace, Sunder
- Machete - Martial, Light - 1d6, 19-20/x2 - Slash
- Shotel - Exotic, 1H - 1d8, x3 - Pierce - Performance
- Scorpion Whip - Exotic, Light - 1d4, x2 - Slash - Reach, Disarm, Trip, Performance
Special Effects explanation:
- Blocking - When you use this weapon to fight defensively, you gain a +1 Shield Bonus to AC.
- Brace - If you use a readied action to set a Brace weapon against a charge, you deal double damage on a successful hit against a charging creature.
- Disarm - When you use a Disarm weapon, you get a +2 bonus on Combat Maneuver Checks to disarm an enemy.
- Monk - A Monk weapon can be used by a Monk to perform a Flurry of Blows.
- Performance - When wielding this weapon, if an attack or Combat Maneuver made with this weapon prompts a Combat Performance Check, you gain a +2 bonus on that check.
- Sunder - When you use a Sunder weapon, you get a +2 bonus on Combat Maneuver Checks to Sunder attempts. (note that the Lucerne Hammer only gets this bonus against Medium and Heavy Armor but not against Light Armor)
- Trip - You can use a Trip weapon to make Trip attacks. If you are tripped during your own Trip attempt, you can drop the weapon to avoid being tripped.
I have excluded many Weapons for various reasons. See post after OP.
Have fun ! Sincerely.
Link to Ranged Weapons Poll: [Poll] Your preferred Ranged Weapons for WotR
Link to Dinosaurs Poll: [Poll] Your preferred Dinosaurs for WotR