[Poll] Your preferred Dinosaurs for WotR

Hello all,

Id like to make a Poll to find out which dinosaurs the backers want the most.

The Poll options were taken from ( https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions ) so these are dinosaurs that have an official Paizo entry.

Other dinosaurs could be added to the game, however Owlcat would need to define the dinosaurs stats and features from scratch for these so its a bit less likely to occur. They are not part of this Poll for that one reason. Aquatic dinosaurs and fliers as well as pre-historic mammals have been excluded as well.

1st Poll: 3 Votes = Your 3 preferred LARGE Dinosaurs. By Large this means the Dinosaur starts out Medium and gets Large at Level 7 as per Paizo. Since characters of Medium Race need a Large Dinosaur as a Mount, the 1st Poll excludes Small > Medium Dinosaurs.

• Allosaurus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Ceratosaurus
  • Dimetrodon
  • Diplodocus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Styracosaurus
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Tyrannosaurus

0 voters

Allosaurus

Amargasaurus

Ankylosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Kentrosaurus (left) Ceratosaurus (right)

Dimetrodon

Diplodocus

Giganotosaurus

Kaprosuchus

Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Styracosaurus

Therizinosaurus

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus

2nd Poll: 1 Vote = Your preferred MEDIUM Dinosaur. By Medium this means the Dinosaur starts out Small and gets Medium at Level 7. Since Characters of Medium Race need a Large Dinosaur as a Mount, they will be UNABLE to mount these Medium Dinosaurs.

Edit: Had to close / delete / recreate the 2nd Poll to add the Ornithomimosaur as an option. This Dinosaur starts out Medium but does NOT get Large at Level 7 so was added to 2nd Poll.

Edit2: Had to close / delete / recreate the 2nd Poll to add the Troodon as an option. This is on me. Troodon sounded not even close to being a dinosaur. 2nd Poll now looks like 1st.

• Deinonychus
  • Ornithomimosaur
  • Troodon
  • Velociraptor

0 voters

Deinonychus

Ornithomimosaur
Ornithomimosaur

Troodon
Troodon

Velociraptor

I hope I didnt miss one of the official dinosaurs. Have fun ! Sincerely.

Edit: Added the Ornithomimosaur as an option for 2nd Poll.
Edit2: Added the Troodon as an option for 2nd Poll. Sorry !

Link to Melee Weapons Poll: [Poll] Your preferred Melee Weapons for WotR

Link to Ranged Weapons Poll: [Poll] Your preferred Ranged Weapons for WotR

8 Likes

Mokele-Mbembe :sauropod:

Summary

Starts out as Medium and becomes Large at 9th level. My absolute favourite. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ornithomimosaur

Summary

Starts out as Medium and remains Medium even at the 7th level advancement.

1 Like

I saw that but thought it was a flier so did not include it as an option. When I looked through the pics after searching for ‘Ornithomimosaur’ I was confused by how vastly different each one is. But most had a lot of birdlike shapes.

I included the Therizinosaurus because while it had some resemblance to birds, the majority of pics had it without the distinct birdlike features and wings. This is also why I uncluded the Kaprosuchus. It sure does look like an upscaled Crocodile but the Wiki entry suggests its a dinosaur and I though it might be cool to have it as a Mount for some.

It’s not a flyer, but a runner. :slight_smile:

Ornithomimosaur

Source PZO1140

This bipedal dinosaur has long legs built for speed and a long neck that gives it an ostrichlike profile.

STARTING STATISTICS

Size Medium; Speed 40 ft.; AC +1 natural armor; Attack 2 claws (1d8); Ability Scores Str 11, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 8; Special Qualities low-light vision, scent.

7TH-LEVEL ADVANCEMENT

Speed 60 ft.; AC +2 natural armor; Attack 2 claws (1d8 plus 1d4 bleed); Ability Scores Str +2, Dex +2, Con +2; Special Quality sprint.

1 Like

don’t get me wrong, but you need to tone down your excitement.

1 Like

Personally, I’ll do with no dinos. They’re not my cup of tea in a Fantasy setting. But to each his/her own, they’ll be in the game, which is fine, as long as they’re not too present And I probably won’t have one in my party.
We’ll see.

2 Likes

Its unlikely that companions will start out with a dinosaur since Stretchgoals added Warpriest, Cavalier, Skald and Hunter Class with no Companion having one of these Classes by default.

BUT it is likely that random enemies with an Animal Companion will now have a Dinosaur in place of an Animal. Some random enemies will also likely have one of the Stretchgoal Classes so everyone will notice the added content in a way.

Ember already got a raven. And as well all know, birds are avian dinosaurs. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I see it as probably that the stretch goal will get us a new location where non-avian dinosaurs appear in the wilderness. The WotR PnP Adventure Path had it after all.

2 Likes

I think this might happen in an expansion at the earliest. The Dinosaur Stretchgoal shared its slot with the Hunter Class after all.

I forgot to add the Troodon. I didnt thought that was a dinosaur so ignored the entry completely. Small > Medium, looks similar to Ornithomimosaur with a bit of Deinonychus mixed in. Sorry !

Edit: Added to Poll. Which I could change the Poll instead of deleting and recreating it.

The plague mammoths are too big to move around already. Imagine a Brachiosaurus! I vote no sauropods, just based on the headaches and bitching it will cause later.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the reason why I voted for Amargasaurus instead.

Summary

This frilled sauropod stops at the Huge size category once fully matured. Brachiosaurus or Brotosaurus on the other hand has already reached the Gargantuan size by that time. But as for the Diplodocus and Giganotosaurus? They’ll reach up to Colossal! Yikes! Those poor building interiors. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Even just being enlarged in some areas in WotR is rough. Hopefully they open up a bit more in later parts of the game. Come on cyclopes corridors!

2 Likes

Good poll, thanks for the effort.

2 Likes

Agreed. It may look a bit comical and parts of it would clip into walls rather often than not or look through doors you have not opened yet.

BUT

In open areas it would look absolutely majestic. I think all larger animals look a bit out of place in interior areas so I hope there will be more open areas since I love Animal Companions.

Blame it on Jurassic Park franchise, but its T-Rex and velociraptor to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to go with Therizinosaurus and Deinonychus. I’ve seen Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor so many times already but I do like them so I can see why they’re popular.

2 Likes

Id choose Allosaurus and Giganotosaurus over T-Rex anytime due to the T-Rex comically small arms. The Giganotosaurus has the largest arms compared to its body and is basically an upscaled Raptor and the Allosaurus, while it has smaller arms but not anywhere as small as the T-Rex has, also has these small head plates so is my preferred choice of the three.

1 Like

I like the Sloth Raptor thing.

2 Likes