So, to make life a bit easier for you folks, I’ll be posting the patch notes from the latest version of the game here.
Thanks for your Patience and all your comments!
The following major issues were fixed:
- Issue with saves loading on Linux and Mac builds. Resolution: fixed.
- Occasional exits to Main Menu while loading locations (“Error Message, Return to Title Screen”). Resolution: fixed.
- Romances with two companions simultaneously may cause an issue (never-ending loading). Resolution: fixed.
- Oleg’s Trading Post: oil trap is not visible. Resolution: fixed.
- Party companions can’t be selected by ALt+N. Resolution: fixed.
- The first game launch may take several minutes. Resolution: As a quick improvement added a warning about this issue on the initial loading screen. We will try to improve the first loading time in the upcoming hotfixes.
- It’s difficult to distinguish newly revealed areas on Global Map. Resolution: add FX and question symbol for recently revealed locations.
- Issues with custom companion: the character model may be not visible in the Character UI. Resolution: fixed.
- “Crow” (kingdom “messenger”) may break Global Map UI. Resolution: fixed.
- Specific combination of graphic options may break UI decals on several areas. Resolution: fixed.
- Some tooltips with class descriptions have unclear wording. Resolution: improved.
- Random crash on computers with specific time zone settings. Resolution: fixed.
- Issue with switching game window between several displays. Resolution: fixed.
- General game client stability improvements.
- Several strings are missed in German localization. Resolution: fixed.
- Special Characters were not visible (French and Turkish system localization settings). Resolution: fixed.
- Several non-localized German strings. Resolution: fixed.
We are watching the situation with the balancing issues and listening to your comments and suggestions. We will address these issues in the upcoming hotfixes (some fixes for specific encounters will be available in the next hotfix which we are going to release in a day).
Thank you very much for your ongoing feedback. It encourages us to work fiercely on polishing the game. We are desperately sorry that we can’t fix everything at once. But let us assure you that every comment will be addressed.
Changes to the difficulty.
We hear a lot of comments about the difficulty of the fights. We are introducing several changes - we introduce changes to the easier difficulty modes to enhance the player experience for those, who selected them. On the Story Mode difficulty, such mechanics as Damage Reduction, Damage Immunity, and Regeneration will be switched off, while on Easy mode their power will be reduced (less reduction or regeneration respectively). We are adding an additional warning to the Hard and Unfair modes to provide better information about upcoming challenges and the general difficulty of the game so that players can make an informed choice. We’d like to stress the Normal mode is a recommended one, especially for the people not familiar with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game system and for the first time players.
We are also making some changes to the some of the encounters in the prologue and 1st chapter of the game. To make it clear, we are not reducing general difficulty in all settings, we are fixing several places where this difficulty was not intentional. Also, we provide more information on overcoming the challenge in the place where it was:
- Scare ability in the final fight in Prologue is changed to the communal Protection from Alignment: Good. There are almost no abilities to counter Scare effect in the prologue party, so this ability tends to make combat too chaotic and unnecessary random on the harder difficulty settings.
- The first encounter on the road to the Oleg’s Trading Post was never intended to be a great challenge, this area is still part of the tutorial, and difficulty of the fight is taking away from learning about the camp. Wolves were changed to Thylacines, their stats are close, but Thylacines have no trip ability.
- Bokken will properly warn the player about the swarms in the cave and provide them with several flask of Alchemist’s Fire. In addition, the tutorial about swarms and how to deal with them will be shown when entering the cave.
- It should be mentioned that the 1st chapter’s story is branching into the two different paths, making some of the encounters harder than desired on the first path selected.
- Fangberry quest is very hard on low level. Resolution:
Bokken warns about quest difficulty and gives 6 flasks of Alchemist’s Fire.
The special tutorial message is added about dealing with spider swarm.
- Bear-like Treant in Temple of the Elk will now have less Damage Reduction.
- Bear-like Treant fight difficulty is reduced if the player gets there earlier enough (at low levels and without previously following Tartuccio). The fix won’t be applied for games saved within the area.
- Some companions joined the party fatigued and damaged in Ancient Tomb and Old Sycamore areas. Resolution: fixed.
- Ancient Tomb: persuaded companion now joins the party after a fight with Tartuccio’s Mercenaries.
- Random encounters with creatures too difficult to the current average party level could be rolled. Resolution: fixed
- There may be issues with Valery romance progressing. Resolution: fixed.
- Crash to the main menu when certain romance scenes are activated. Resolution: fixed.
- One of the story development paths causes a wrong Capital state in Chapter 3. Resolution: fixed
- 50% spellcasting fail chance after entering the castle in Verdant Chambers location. Resolution: fixed.
- Сut-scene may freeze at the Capital square at the beginning of the second act. Resolution: fixed.
- Sycamore hall is hard to find. Resolution: marker on the local map is added.
- Some monsters in random encounters gave an incorrect amount of experience. Resolution: fixed.
- Amulet of Mighty Fists now properly gives bonuses to attack rolls.
- There is no way to understand the nature of zero damage. Resolution: Information about immunities and damage reduction is added to the Battle Log (available in tooltips).
- Tutorial messages about mechanics of the “damage reduction” were added before combats with the first creatures with damage reduction
- Time delay for tooltip appearance after a mouse click was too big. Resolution: reduced.
- An issue with male elven hairs and capes visualization while playing Ranger and Rogue classes. Resolution: fixed.
- NPC Hassuf has empty lines in vendor list. Resolution: fixed.
- Unlocalized loot window title. Resolution: fixed.
- An issue with Chinese localization in Quest notification. Resolution: fixed.
- An Ancient Formula quest may be reported as completed before actually completing it. Resolution: fixed.
- Controlled Fireball damages allies. Resolution: fixed.
- Wizard familiar bond list has Hunter’s Bond available for selection. Resolution: fixed.
- Missing or wrong German, French and Chinese localization. Resolution: the next batch of issues is fixed.
- No text on computers with Spanish and Italian system locale. Resolution: fixed.
- An issue with the backer items description in Credits. Resolution: fixed.
- Several achievements were unlocking incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.
- Loading may cause an issue with previously saved file. Resolution: fixed.
- Graphics settings auto-detection may detects higher configuration on Linux. Resolution: fixed.
- Crash while saving with specific path or locale. Resolution: fixed.
Another issue we hear a lot about - the problem with the custom companions - and some other stuff as well will be addressed in the next Hotfix.
Stay tuned for further game and community updates!
We’ve just started work on a big patch that we expect to be available at the end of the next week. It doesn’t mean we will stop releasing hotfixes - we will keep addressing the major issues, for sure – however, new hotfixes may not be available every day. For example, there will be no hotfix tomorrow since we really need to give the dev team a little rest before the next week’s run. We are sorry if your specific issue hasn’t been addressed so far - we keep track of every message you posted in the bug section and we’re doing our best to fix known problems asap!
- Custom companions hiring was not available. Resolution: fixed.
- Quest for artisan Shariel didn’t work correctly. Resolution: fixed.
- No companion dialogues with Jaethal, Valerie, Linzi, Harrim in the Captial or at Oleg’s Trading Post after Old Sycamore dungeon. Resolution: fixed.
- Ekundayo’s companion quest prompted you to tell Ekun about your victory over Kargadd even if Ekun is dead. Resolution: Ekundayo’s quest now fails automatically if you kill him.
- Jaethal couldn’t be found at the Capital square during her first quest. Resolution: fixed.
- “Missing Child” Quest: invisible answer in Tig’s dialog. Resolution: fixed (player needs to talk to Tig again).
- A specific dialogue option in Chapter 6 broke a story-critical cutscene. Resolution: fixed.
- Divine services didn’t work for non-divine casters in Chapter 1. Resolution: Jhod Kavken will now read divine scrolls if there are no divine casters in the party.
- Spell filters did not work properly in the character creation interface. Resolution: fixed.
- Malfunction in class feature sorting. Resolution: fixed.
- Tooltip with empty description for Strength damage. Resolution: fixed.
- Mim’s workshop couldn’t be built in Silverstep Village. Resolution: fixed.
- Multiple “GreatSuccess” text strings in one of the kingdom events. Resolution: fixed.
- Artisan Varrask didn’t start the dialogue in the village after suggestion to speak to him. Resolution: fixed.
- NPC Kergan didn’t start the dialogue after a cutscene on Thorn River Ford. Resolution: fixed.
- Battle with Bokken didn’t stop correctly when he is in low Hit Points. Resolution: fixed.
- Rage and Defensive Stances are no longer switched off when a character is disabled due to adverse status effects. These stances are switched off only when a character falls unconscious.
- Abyssal Bloodline ability Grow Claws should now activate properly.
- Artifice Domain ability should now properly activate on Inquisitor.
- Knowledge Domain now also adds Lore (Nature) to class skills.
- 2 level Eldritch Archer couldn’t cast anything but ranged touch spells. Resolution: fixed.
- Skeleton Guardians summoned during the Rest by Jaethal no longer drop loot.
- Missing or wrong German, French, and Chinese localisations. Resolution: the next batch of issues is fixed.
- Possible crash when loading a cloud save after “fresh” game installation. Resolution: fixed.
Some fixes to expect in the next two hotfixes:
We are working on an issue with Pre-order and Kickstarter in-game bonuses. For all players who have these bonuses and start new game after Hotfix 1.0.2 all rewards should be available in the chest at Oleg’s Trading Post or Throne Room areas. We are going to make these rewards available for saves made before Hotfix 1.0.2 with the next hotfix. There will be also fixes for Amiri and Jubilost companion quests.
Also we’d like to ask you for some help! Sometimes it can be hard to understand the exact nature of a reported issue, or even what the issue is at all. We would be very grateful if you could send bug descriptions to email@example.com, putting the issue’s name in the “Subject” field. Please, pay attention that attaching your save file and logs significantly increases speed of bug fixing, as well as attaching screenshots! This especially concerns such issues as crashes, freezes and unclear game mechanics malfunctioning.
You can find a detailed instruction on how to get saves files and enable logging here: https://owlcatgames.com/content/reporting-bug
We keep receiving a lot of your precious feedback which we convert into tasks\suggestions\bugs on the fly. Thank you very much! Special thanks for those who keep providing us with their saves files and logs submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. That tremendously helps us to understand the exact nature of the reported issues.
- No pre-order/Kickstarter rewards for the saves started before Hotfix 1.0.2. Resolution: rewards are available in the chest at Throne Room or Oleg’s Trading Post.
- Metamagic Rods are properly highlighted when activated and deactivated immediately on click (instead of waiting until the end of the round).
- Jubilost’s companion quest does not work correctly (character is teleported to the tavern at the wrong time). Resolution: fixed.
- The dialogue could be broken at Inconsequent Debates area under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
- Quest unit is absent at the location during the second Harrim companion quest. Resolution: fixed.
- Poachers didn’t start the conversation at the Poachers’ Hideout. Resolution: fixed.
- Jaethal`s death at the later chapters may cause the game over. Resolution: fixed.
- Amiri doesn’t appear at the end of Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
- Amiri doesn’t return after Flintlock Grassland. Resolution: fixed.
- Captured companion may stay prone visually after the combat starts at Technic League Encampment. Resolution: fixed.
- Companion captured at Technic League Encampment may be invisible for several seconds after areas loading. Resolution: fixed.
- Unable to talk to guard captain Hyland (Runaway Throne quest). Resolution: fixed
- Some lootable corpses may look unnatural. Resolution: fixed.
- Lighting setup issues at Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes. Resolution: fixed.
- Some players were able to acquire unlimited amount of gold in the Storyteller’s dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
- Necklace of Double Crosses doesn’t add damage bonus to melee attacks. Resolution: fixed.
- Camera movement keys remapping doesn’t works. Resolution: fixed (the rare bug when the camera starts moving on its own should be fixed too).
- No way to check the animal companions stats. Resolution: animal companions sheet is now available by selecting the creature an pressing “C” (default binding).
- An item may be incorrectly added to the sell list while clicking on mass-trading options at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
- Mass-trading options doesn’t work correctly at Vendor UI - only visible items are added to sell list. Resolution: fixed.
- The weight value may appear incorrect in sell list at Vendor UI. Resolution: fixed.
- Hit points on the party portraits may not be updated under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
- The issue with adjusting the party formation direction while moving the mouse with right button pressed. Resolution: fixed.
- Several kingdom events in Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom chapters deal damage to kingdom stats less often.
- Region claiming visualization is adjusted.
- Scaled Fists receives their Draconic Fury ability at 4th level despite the description stating that they should have received it at 3rd. Resolution: Scaled Fist now receives Draconic Fury at 3rd level. Any Scaled Fist of already 3rd level will receive the Draconic Fury ability immediately upon loading the game.
- Dueling Mastery requires Dodge instead of Weapon Finesse and did not give proper Shield Bonus to AC and initiative bonus. Resolution: fixed.
- Back to Back feat does not work. Resolution: fixed.
- Sword Saint Magus bonus to AC from Canny Defense does not recalculate when Intelligence were changing (recalculates only on level ups). Resolution: fixed.
- Clerics used to have two copies of Raise Dead on 5th level of their spells, one of those copies without a name. Resolution: unnamed copy of Raise Dead was removed from clerics spell list.
- Armored Swiftness applies extra +5 speed on each reload. Resolution: fixed.
- Guidance works more than once for skillchecks. Resolution: fixed.
- Aasimars don’t get Celestial Resistance bonus. Resolution: fixed.
- Disintegrated units are invisible after a resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
- Use Magic Device DC for scrolls is 20 plus scroll’s caster level. We considered it too high, especially since some scrolls like Remove Blindness have higher caster levels intentionally. Resolution: DC is changed to 20 plus scroll’s spell level.
- Jaethal’s camping ability ‘Undead Guardians’ produces more than two skeletons. Resolution: fixed.
- New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.
- There is an issue with changing Language and Graphic settings on some systems. Resolution: fixed.
- Character doll appearance and some other visual elements spontaneously reset to default state. Resolution: fixed.
- The graphic options resets to defaults every time the game starts. Resolution: fixed.
We are following closely all the discussions considering game difficulty and some other system mechanics. We will keep informing you about our ideas behind the game structure (a couple of updates are about to be posted in the nearest days). And for sure we will keep watching the specific cases that could be breaking game experience and will closely examine them.
Unfortunately, there is a problem with the Windows version of the hotfix we’ve just uploaded. While the Mac and Linux versions function properly, the Windows build doesn’t have 80% of the fixes we’ve implemented since Monday. For those who want to know the details, the main issue is that at character generation and level-up UI, the list of spells have become invisible. The list is still there, you can still use them and click on them, but you cannot really see them except for the tooltips.
This happened due to a bug in our infrastructure, and, while we’ve already tracked it down and dealt with it, it will take several hours until the issue is completely resolved. As we speak, the servers at our studio are compiling the correct version of the hotfix for Windows. Once again, this issue should not concern our Mac and Linux users – as far as we know, all is fine in their versions of the hotfix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we’re doing our best to get it right this time.
Hotfix Update #2
The issue has been fixed. The correct Windows version of the hotfix is available starting from 10PM (PT timezone). Special thanks to Valve for supporting us at this late hour.
Huge apology for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!
After considering the incoming feedback we decided that it will be better to focus on releasing hotfixes with the best possible frequency rather than spending time on testing the next big version. The way we see it now we will keep preparing hotfixes during the next 1-2 weeks. The so called “big patch” with several hundred improvements and minor fixes will be released after October 22nd.
Please be aware that there are story spoilers in the descriptions below (at Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections).
- Tristian’s dialogue may not work correctly during Saving Grace quest. Resolution: fixed.
- If the player skips the first quest with Bartholomew and then returns with a whip, the incorrect dialogue is triggered. Resolution: fixed.
- 2nd Valerie romance event may not start and lock the party in the tavern instead. Resolution: fixed. Players already trapped in the tavern need to exit it for the event to start correctly.
- Amiri may not appear in the beginning of Flintlock Grassland area and the story events don’t start in this case. Resolution: fixed.
- Amiri returns as not active companion after the events at Flintlock Grassland. If the player takes her into the party she may be not visible and not controllable. Resolution: fixed.
- There may be infinite loading after entering the portal at Temple of the Elk. Resolution: fixed.
- Bokken may disappear from Oleg’s Tradind Post in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
- Chief Sootscale can’t be killed if the player returns to the first level of the Old Sycamore Dungeon after the “baronation” event. Resolution: fixed.
- Tristian may not leave the location after meeting with Raven. Resolution: fixed.
- Players are unable to reach the Hunting Grounds area - required for Ekun quest - if they decided not to participate in the Noble Safari event earlier. Resolution: fixed.
- There may be issue with Tristian behavior at Vordakai’s Tomb. Resolution: fixed.
- The certain cutscene may freeze during the final fight at the first level of Vordakai’s Tomb. Resolution: fixed.
- Party may lack camp rations at Vordakai’s Tomb. Resolution: camp rations are added at Vordakai’s Tomb.
- Loot can’t be picked up at Ruins of the Old Tower area. Resolution: fixed.
- Description of Cloak of Resistance +2 stated that it gives +1 resistance bonus to saving throws despite it actually giving +2. Resolution: fixed.
- The wizard’s list of spell includes spells from the previous levels during Level-Up. Resolution: fixed.
- Missing description for some abilities in class progression table for example for Sage Sorcerer. Resolution: class progression table was improved.
- On of the Chinese character is missing in ZH localization. Resolution: fixed.
- There is no option to see the day of the week (required for some quests). Resolution: the day of the week is available in the hourglass tooltip.
- There are cases when quest’s objectives are not visible in the Quest Journal, for example for Twice-Born Warlord quest. Resolution: fixed.
- A bunch of new unique icons added (mostly for wands and potions).
- An “Arcane spell failure chance” string are visible in divination casters spellbook. Resolution: the string is removed.
- Amiri portrait is doubled in party choice interface. Resolution: fixed.
- When the boss of the chapter is overcome on the exact day a kingdom should be defeated, the corresponding event that is destroying your kingdom is removed.
- Technic League Encampment is inaccessible during artisan’s quest to get inubrix. Resolution: fixed.
- If Kassil was chosen as ambassador and then was killed at Flintlock Grassland he might appear during coronation event at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed.
- Varnhold and Pitax settlements are not working. Resolution: fixed.
- Jaethal is not immune to negative levels. Resolution: fixed.
- Feyspeaker archetype of druid previously has orisons that wrongly based their DCs on Wisdom, instead of scaling off Charisma like all other Feyspeaker spells. Resolution: Feyspeaker orisons scale their DCs off Charisma.
- At character creation, the game does not change stat recommendation for Feyspeaker, pointing the Wisdom as recommended and Charisma as not recommended. Resolution: Charisma is a recommended stat for Feyspeaker.
- Vital Strike feat does not give the appropriate usable ability. Resolution: fixed.
- Extra Arcane Pool feat does not increase the pool of Eldritch Scions. Resolution: fixed.
- Weapon Training bonus isn’t shown in the tooltips of attack rolls. Resolution: fixed.
- Hideous Laughter requires target intelligence to be higher than 2 for you to be able to cast it. This, combined with penalties for Weak Enemies (default setting for enemy difficulty on Easy Mode and Story Mode), lead to the case that some enemies in this weakened state are too dumb to get the jokes. Resolution: fixed, the Hideous Laughter now takes only the base intelligence of the target into account.
- Greater Vital Strike has the same description as normal Vital Strike. Resolution: Greater Vital Strike now has correct description.
- Duelist Precise Strike has no description and is not visible in the class progression table and in the character ability list. It also works only for characters with a sneak attack. Resolution: both problems are fixed.
- Players may select Point-Blank Master, Slashing Grace and Fencing Grace while not having Weapon Focus/Weapon Specialization with an appropriate weapon. This lead to the case when they see an empty list of available selection. Resolution: Slashing Grace now requires Weapon Focus with a one-handed slashing weapon, Fencing Grace requires Weapon Focus with a one-handed piercing weapon and Point Blank Master requires Weapon Specialization with a ranged weapon.
- Freedom of Movement is classified as a Necromancy spell. Resolution: Freedom of Movement properly counts as an Abjuration spell now.
- FX trails may work not correctly after multiple save/load. Resolution: fixed.
- New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.
- There are reports of quits to the main menu when changing scenes on rare occasions. Resolution: more logging is added and a temporary workaround is implemented (there should be no quits but area lighting may not work correctly).
The weekend is coming, and the team is doing its best to solve some more issues before our dear pathfinders have their well-deserved opportunity to relax and play after another long workweek. It so happens that we have a chance to publish one more hotfix today.
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
- The Secluded Lodge area has an empty caption on the Global Map during the “Deal with the Devil” quest. Resolution: fixed.
- The option to give an Emerald Necklace to Kimo was not available. Resolution: fixed.
- “A Score to Settle” quest did not work correctly if the player met Ekun after Kargadd was killed. Resolution: fixed.
- Some quest characters did not appear at the Capital Square during companion quests under certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed.
- In some cases, players couldn’t return Bartholomew his whip. Resolution: fixed.
- Some players complained about a missing part of the Storyteller dialogue in the Throne Room – there was no option to sell mementos. Resolution: fixed.
- Flintlock Grasslands area will no longer be inaccessible after all events are completed in that location (this is to reduce the size of save files).
- In some cases, after the dialogue with Amiri at the end of Flintlock Grasslands only Amiri stayed under player’s control - the rest of the party could go missing. Resolution: fixed.
- Incorrect loot icon on the Map of Old Sycamore Dungeon (no loot was available, in fact). Resolution: fixed.
- The wrong dialogue could start with captive Amiri at Flintlock Grasslands. Resolution: fixed.
- Some area elements could be loaded incorrectly during the “Burying the Past” quest at Ruined Watchtower. Resolution: fixed.
- Bartholomew’s dialogue at Wizard’s Laboratory could sometimes display incorrect answer options. Resolution: fixed.
- One of the options in the dialogue with Alex Covenorb was recursive and didn’t allow to end the dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
- Bartholomew related events could become broken in case of his early death from the Troll/bandits/random monsters. Resolution: fixed.
- The player could miss a few important doors at the Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes area. Resolution: the doors are highlighted to draw the player’s attention.
- Save/load could corrupt items in the Baron’s chest - they lost their magical features until the next save/load while they are in the party Inventory. Resolution: fixed. All items that were corrupted have been restored.
- There were no options to learn feats to use the following exotic weapons: Dwarven Urgrosh, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe, Two-bladed Sword. Resolution: “Exotic Weapon Proficiency” feat has the corresponding choices now.
- Such exotic weapons as the Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe и Sling Staff were not counted as special weapon for gnomes, half-orcs and halflings accordingly. Resolution: fixed.
- There were issues with “Combat text”, “Party information in combat”, “Enemy information in combat” (so called Overtips settings) and “Dialogue” settings : 1) players did not understand that these settings are stored within the save file; 2) the value of these settings could be changed by switching “Immersion Mode”. Resolution: the Overtips and “Dialogue” settings are moved to “Difficulty” page of the Options. Difficulty page is no longer available form Main Menu.
- Cleric couldn’t be level-upped if there were no options in domain progression. Resolution: fixed.
- Spells from another character’s spells list could show up during a caster level-up. Resolution: fixed.
- Key binding for the tactical pause is displayed correctly in the tutorial message now.
- The “Invincible Kingdom” option was added. When turned on, your barony or kingdom will not be destroyed even when its state drops below Crumbling. This option is switched on by default for the “Story mode” difficulty. Please note that story critical events tied to the main threat of the chapter can still destroy your kingdom! However, you will get several warnings before that happens.
- The artisan Bokken would come every time you get to the Throne Room with the same dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
- Different cutscenes would sometimes start at the same time at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed for all new save files. Be aware that the current saves may still suffer from this issue, unfortunately.
- Some visitors (artisans) had wrong dialogues at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed.
- Characters lost Protection From Energy effect after load. Resolution: fixed.
- Wrong sound effects for druid wild shape transformations. Resolution: fixed.
- New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH (mostly).
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
- “The Seed of Sorrow” quest didn’t progress after the evil dialogue choice in the Capital Asylum. Resolution: fixed.
- Several encounters had the wrong enemies at Oleg’s Trading Post become infused with First World energies (last chapter state). Resolution: fixed.
- Incorrect copies of Mim and Dragn NPCs could be found in the capital. Resolution: fixed.
- The encounter at Poacher’s Hideout could become unfinishable. Resolution: fixed.
- One of the cutscenes got stuck if Tristian was wounded and had zero Hit Points at Vordakai Tomb. Resolution: fixed.
- Trade with Dumra was not available during the “Deal with the Devil” quest. Resolution: fixed.
- Party couldn’t move at Rill-and-Spill area. Resolution: fixed.
- Solo completion for the “Other World” area was not supported. Resolution: fixed.
- Some magical items could have issues with empty descriptions of their magical traits in the tooltips. Resolution: fixed.
- Days of the week could display incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.
- There was no direct way to check the build version. Resolution: the build version has been added to the Main Menu.
- The description for Enemy Difficulty settings didn’t reveal all the mechanical elements altered by this option. Resolution: a more detailed description has been added for the Enemy Difficulty settings.
- It was unclear and confusing that after defeating the main threat of the chapter, all of the kingdom events associated with that threat remained active. Resolution: after defeating the main threat of the chapter, all of the kingdom events associated with that threat are removed from the barony. In case there are too many of such events, the kingdom is considered damaged and its development is slowed down. This state can be removed with special new barony project.
- It was not always clear that some events can destroy the kingdom if not addressed. Resolution: a more detailed description added for the events that damage the kingdom and projects that remove these events.
- Valerie’s quest ability “Valorous” provided Strength and Constitution bonuses instead of Strength and Charisma. Resolution: “Valorous” ability provides Strength and Charisma, as per description.
- Metamagic rods didn’t work for sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.
- Enemy Difficulty settings affected saving throws twice - the first time by increasing the enemy ability scores and the second time with a specific bonus to saving throws. Such implementation forced players to avoid spells with saving throws on the higher difficulties. Resolution: Saving throws are now affected by the Enemy Difficulty settings only once by increasing of base ability scores.
- New pack of localization fixes.
- Some players have persistent issues loading game saves that we were unable to reproduce so far. After analyzing possible threats that may cause this issue we implemented improvements that hopefully would fix the problem.
- Some players complained about being thrown out of the game and to the Main Menu while entering the Throne Room (including the exit while trying to rest at the capital). Resolution: fixed.
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
- Bokken could die after his artisan’s quest if players came to the “Oleg’s Trading Post” area too late. Resolution: fixed, Bokken can’t die any longer.
- Tristian could become immortal after completing the “Betrayer’s Flight” quest. Resolution: fixed.
- Jubilost didn’t appear in the tavern during the “Door to Nowhere” quest. Resolution: fixed.
- The NPC Amalia didn’t appear at the Capital Square after citizen revolt in the Season of Bloom chapter (Tristian’s “Kingdom of the Cleansed” quest). Resolution: fixed.
- The party couldn’t leave “Oleg’s Trading Post” area if players failed Nok-Nok’s companion quest and the “Trouble with Goblins” quest. Resolution: fixed.
- Dialogue with Akiros didn’t work properly at the “Stag Lord Fort” area after the party got over the wall if the formation layout set party members too far from each other. Resolution: fixed.
- The party couldn’t leave the “Womb of Lamashtu” area if an animal companion got stuck at the separated area part. Resolution: fixed.
- The vendor didn’t sell goods at “Brineheart” area after resolving all of the problems in the area. Resolution: fixed.
- The dialogue with Amiri at the end of events at “Flintlock Grasslands” area could be inconsistent if players choose chaotic dialogue option. Resolution: fixed.
- The NPC Gwart didn’t appear at the end of events in the “Flintlock Grasslands” area if players visited the area first and then came back after completing Tristian’s quest. Resolution: fixed.
- There were issues with navigation at “Mysterious Shrine” and “Gnawed Rocks” areas. Resolution: fixed.
- Tristian repeated romance dialogue when the party entered the Capital Square. Resolution: fixed.
- Ekundayo’s dialogue didn’t work properly at the “Ruined Watchtower” area if players discovered the “Troll Lair” area before talking to him. Resolution: fixed.
- Critical modifiers weren’t visualized in tooltips. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
- The Arcane Weapon - Shock enchantment would give a weapon the Brilliant Energy property instead. Resolution: Shocking Weapon Enchant gives Shock weapon property now.
- Skeletons summoned by Jaethal’s camping ability dropped loot and didn’t disappear after death. Resolution: fixed.
- Disintegrated units were invisible after resurrection. Resolution: fixed.
- There was a mistake in the Fighter class description, leading to wrong expectations about class development. Resolution: fixed.
- Epilogue ended after the Tiger Lords message. Resolution: the rest of epilogue should play normally now.
- New pack of typos and localization fixes.
- Some players complained that video cards might be running out of memory. Resolution: a couple of video memory leaks are fixed.
We have noticed there were a lot of questions and misunderstanding surrounding our game’s crafting feature, the artisans, so we’ve decided to clear things up a little bit.
As a kingdom’s artisans become better at their craft, they can reach ever higher degrees of mastery, mechanically represented by different tiers. The quality of gifts they present to the player depends on their tier, with their finest work – the masterpiece – serving as the reward for reaching the artisan’s highest tier.
To increase an artisan’s tier, you need to complete their respective quests, but that is not the only requirement. You also need to improve your newborn country, so that the artisans have access to better tools and materials – that is, you need to rank up the different kingdom stats associated with the artisan.
As already mentioned, once an artisan’s mastery reaches the highest tier, they will present you with an item of great power – the masterpiece. At the moment, some players may experience an issue where an artisan tells the player they’ve started work on a masterpiece even though not all the necessary requirements have been met. This will be fixed in one of the nearest updates.
Also, we are currently working to make the process of improving an artisan’s tier more obvious and reactive.
we have found out that as of 1.0.8b, there is a problem with the Flintrock Grassland area. The quests taking place there have become corrupted, with events starting and finishing randomly and at wrong times. We would like to ask you to refrain from going there until later this day – in the evening, we are going to roll out an update that fixes this. We are very sorry for the inconvenience!
In the weekend, we will also start work on a way to convert save files of those players who have already visited the Flintrock Grassland and encountered these problems. This is a difficult task, because the quest has a complicated structure and there are literally dozens of conditions and varying states to take into account. Still, we will analyze every save file we currently have and try to get them to work right. We will also keep an eye out for rarer, more arcane cases as well.
It was impossible to interact with Mim while being on top of "Talon Peak" area, so the quest couldn't be finished. Resolution: fixed. Shaynih'a's quest couldn't be completed. Resolution: fixed. Some players reported having extra doom-counters at the end of the game which might lead to the incorrect game over. Resolution: fixed. Talking to Eobald the Insightful cut-scene didn't work correctly during Linzi's "A Bard's Calling" quest. Resolution: fixed. A cut-scene didn't work correctly if players visited Elina without Ekun first and then returned with him. As a result, "A Feast of Feasts" quest couldn't be completed. Resolution: fixed. Some players could miss the quest item during "Guiding Beacon" quest. Resolution: fixed. A cut-scene didn't start in some cases after the battle with cultists during Tristian’s first quest ("Kingdom of the Cleansed"). Resolution: fixed. "Honor and Duty" quest didn't start after the Kingdom Event with the same name. Resolution: fixed. "Lost Relic" quest didn't finish correctly. Resolution: fixed.
It was possible to do the "Ruined Tower" book event more than once. Resolution: fixed. One of the rooms in Pitax palace was inaccessible. Resolution: fixed. Jamandi Aldori mentioned Lander as the envoy at "Flintrock Grasslands" , whether or not it was true. Resolution: fixed. Companion's death at any area of the last chapter caused an endless death-resurrection cycle. Resolution: fixed. Players couldn't change their party because they never got a prompt to choose your party at "Camp at the Capital Gates" area exit. Resolution: fixed. Party couldn't move at the beginning of the "Illthuliak's Lair" area. Resolution: fixed. АoЕ spells like Elemental Wall and Acid Fog could break a cut-scene with Castruccio Irovetti at "Pitax Royal Palace" area. Resolution: fixed. Some choices didn't work correctly in dialogue between Linxia and Darven at "Brineheart" area. Resolution: fixed. One of the "Leather Scrap Covered in Ancient Runes" items was missing at "Armag's Tomb" area. Resolution: fixed.
Memorized spells UI area became inaccessible if the Spellbook was closed while working with Metamagic. Resolution: fixed. Several visual issues were fixed in Vendor interface.
Region upgrades are now unlocked once the capital has been upgraded to city-level. New city visual: as soon as your capital is upgraded to city-level, it boasts a new look. Community rank up to 8th level project didn't start. Resolution: fixed. Cut-scenes for Divine rank-up events up to 6th level didn't work properly and, as a result, the rank-up projects didn't start. Resolution: fixed. Consequences of the decision made at 7th rank-up event of the Economy tree are properly applied to the kingdom now. Consequences of the decision made at 8th rank-up event of the Culture tree are properly applied to the kingdom now. Auto-managed kingdom will now check that important projects are done in time to progress within the game. Kingdom event signalizing the failure to complete Ekun`s second companion quest could trigger even if this quest was completed. Resolution: fixed. If the kingdom is about to be destroyed, the game will offer the player to turn on the Invincible Kingdom mode.
Classes & Mechanics
Restoration didn’t remove all of the temporary negative levels. Resolution: fixed. Finesse Training didn't work with Two Weapon Fighting. Resolution: fixed. Reuse of the "Summon Monster" class ability (Monster Tactician inquisitor archetype) didn't delete the summons from the previous cast. Corpses of summoned Monitor Lizards could be looted. Resolution: both issues are fixed. Some players could get an additional animal companion during level-up in case the current animal companion was dead. Resolution: the issue is fixed. Effected saves is going to be fixed in the nearest hotfix.
Linzi's ring (Shelyn's Clemency) didn't work properly. Resolution: Linzi is teleported to the Capital after her death. New pack of typos and localization fixes. Missing CN characters (踝豹鹤) are added.
Sometimes Steam Cloud Sync could overlap with save loading, resulting in bugs and possibly corrupted saves. Resolution: fixed.
This hotfix happens to be a big one – more like a patch, in fact. A big and important feature comes live in this version: from now on, you can choose between different Kingdom region upgrades - which become available together with the new state of your capital, the city outfit.
Finally, there is one more thing we at Owlcat wanted to talk to you about.
Unfortunately, there is a downside to the speed with which we solve newly-found issues - to be completely honest, it doesn’t leave us enough time to test all of the game thoroughly after each fix. It takes a whole week at minimum to test every aspect of our complex game, so delivering 2-3 hotfixes each week leaves our team only enough time to check fixes locally. Still, we know this is no excuse for issues that persist in the game, as well as those that are added with some of the fixes. Every bug report we receive literally tears us apart with the feeling of guilt for not finding and solving the issue before the game went live. As such, we want to be open with all you Pathfinders, so that you understand our philosophy and our current pipeline. Right now we feel it is more important to keep fixing critical issues as quickly as possible, rather than to stop releasing hotfixes for about 2 weeks and focus on a big patch.
Once we are sure all major problems have been addressed, we will get back to a more stable, “patch-oriented” development approach.
Thank you for your patience and your support! That is what keeps us alive and kicking.
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
"Assemble a Militia in Varnhold" could be started before the player was able to enter Varnhold. Resolution: fixed. Not all the guards were triggered into aggressive state while completing "Intervene in Varnhold" objective, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed. For players, who already encountered this issue, Tirval has a new dialog to complete the objective. Amiri's sword repair didn't count in the companion's quest ("Reforged Blade"). Resolution: fixed. Affected saves files have also been corrected. Valerie's first companion quest was easy to miss - its starting event was active for 10 days only. Resolution: the active period of the starting event was extended. "Search for poachers somewhere in the Narlmarches" objective could not be completed due to the chance that the related special encounter didn't happen. Resolution: fixed. The dialogue with Eimar could be interrupted ("The River's Justice" quest), making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed. Romance with Tristian didn't continue in some cases after events at the "Abandoned keep" area during the "Betrayer's flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. Unfortunately, the affected saves couldn't be fixed. Those players who want to continue romance with Tristian have to use saves before "Betrayer's flight" quest completion. Players could use the rule posts after the debates ("Inconsequent Debates" quest), which led to Jubilost becoming a frog permanently. Resolution: fixed. Dialogue with Alondi ("A Bard's Calling" quest) was interrupted after the first phrase, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed. "Impatient Pirates" quest didn't finish in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
Pitax Wardens had their Combat Expertise bonuses multiplied every time players saved the game. Resolution: fixed. Dialogue with Nyrissa could not be finished in some cases at "Abandoned Keep" area. Resolution: fixed. It was possible to do the "Shrewish Gulch" book event more than once. Resolution: fixed. Party could be teleported to a random area after the Book Event at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed. There was a chance to get the second copy of Briar at Pitax King Palace. Resolution: fixed. There was incorrect entrance into "Empty Skull Rock" area. This area couldn't be found by perception check on the Global Map. Resolution: both issues are fixed. There was incorrect entrance into "Middle of Nowhere" area. Resolution: fixed. Dialogue with Salim Ghadafar was triggered every time after loading at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed. There were several issues with navigation at "Castle of Knives" area (some loot chests were unreachable; no collisions for some models). Resolution: fixed. Players couldn't loot dead Darwen at "Brineheart". Resolution: fixed. There were two areas for Amiri's companion quest with the same names ("Six Bears Camp") which confused players. Resolution: fixed. The outdated area changed its name now. Under certain conditions, quest NPCs could not appear at "Flintlock Grasslands" area infused by the First World (the last chapter). Resolution: fixed. Bartholomew could be missing at "Wizard's Laboratory" area when players tried to return his whip. Resolution: fixed. Amiri could keep immortal state after completing events at "Flintlock Grasslands" area. Resolution: fixed. "Shallow Gulch" area doesn't require perception check on the Global Map anymore. One of the areas had incorrect type and visualization on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed. The dialogue (Merchant in Distress) didn't work correctly if players resolved the event with fey-pranker peacefully. Resolution: a new dialogue option has been added. Dialogue with goblins located behind the Lamashtu statue was not available. Resolution: fixed.
Characters in Inventory could become black-and-white in some cases. Resolution: fixed. HP-bar is improved to indicate correctly Hit Points left. Interaction and exit area markers got stuck in the game frame sometimes. Resolution: fixed.
Pitax final kingdom event didn't start. Resolution: fixed. Brevoy councilor didn't appear at "Throne Room" area and Kingdom development couldn't progress. Resolution: fixed. The project to get rid of Lander Lebeda's spies was not available. Resolution: fixed. Kingdom could be destroyed without triggering the gameover dialogue in some rare cases. Resolution: fixed. The kingdom event "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" (the letter from Linxia; "Deal With the Devil" quest) didn't finish correctly. Resolution: fixed. Building tooltips have numbers of the kingdom stats which are upgraded by the specific building now.
Classes & Mechanics
Players who strayed from their prescripted alignment as divine classes and lost their spells asked us to provide them with a way to atone for their transgressions. Resolution: Jhod Kavken and Arsinoe sell Scrolls of Atonement now. Using that scroll returns you to the alignment you selected during character creation at the start of the game which in turn should help characters if they lost their spells. There was empty description for the buff that caused 50% chance of a spell failure due to the First World influence in some areas. Resolution: fixed. Warpainted Skull of Duthica disappeared after use and did not summon two barbarian spirits. Resolution: Warpainted skull can be properly used once per day and summons two barbarian spirits. There could be two copies of Grimoire in Blakemoor's inventory. Resolution: fixed. Companions who died from the Disintegrate spell disappeared from the party. Resolution: fixed. Jaethal and Linzi became invisible if they died from the Disintegrate spell. Resolution: fixed. Vital Strike inflicted extremely low damage. Resolution: fixed. Bokken's masterpiece didn't work. Resolution: fixed. Lawful Neutral Inquisitors and Clerics of Torag could not cast spells. Resolution: fixed. Enchanted shields no longer give double bonus when equipped (some extraneous enchantments may still remain in older saves). Animal Companions that Druids got from Animal Domain did not scale properly off druid level (while the animal companions that Inquisitors and Clerics got from the same domain were doing just fine). Resolution: fixed. Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers could not select Selective Channel and Extra Channel. Resolution: fixed. The Energy Source ring did not give additional Channel Energy charges to Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.
There was an issue with one of Nyrissa's animations. Resolution: fixed.
Zip library is upgraded to fix some rare save corruption issues. Unfortunately, affected saves files can not be corrected.
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
The Six Bears Camp was inaccessible during the "Reforged Blade" quest. Resolution: fixed. The game could freeze or crash if the party came to the "A Feast of Feasts" quest area without Ekundayo and talked to Ntavi or Elina. Resolution: fixed. The "Door to Nowhere" quest couldn't be completed under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed. The "Varisian Caravan" area ("By Desna's Paths" quest) didn't appear on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed. Irlene didn't start a conversation about her artisan quest. Resolution: fixed. A dialogue with Tristian didn't work correctly in the Capital after completion of "Betrayer's Flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. The players could get the reward for the quest at the "City of Hollow Eyes" area more than once. Resolution: fixed.
It was impossible to talk to Hassuf the vendor at the city-state Capital Square (Neutral Good alignment). Resolution: fixed. The attempt to rest at Capital Square could cause the game to freeze if there were active events in the "Throne Room" area. Resolution: fixed. Poor Bokken could die again after his artisan's quest if players came to the "Oleg's Trading Post" area. Resolution: fixed again. Valerie's quest NPC didn't leave the "Throne Room" area. Resolution: fixed.
To change their selected Deity, players had to start customizing a new character from the beginning. Resolution: fixed.
"Problem with Taxes" and "Letter from Brevoy" kingdom events couldn't be completed in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Specific choices are automatically selected to resolve these events for affected saves files (for characters with good alignment - taxes are not collected twice; project for the road construction is available. Neutral alignment - Oleg's Trading Post moved under the jurisdiction of Restov; project to improve diplomatic affairs with Restov is available. Evil alignment - baron's troops are sent to strengthen Oleg's Trading Post; project to improve fortification is available). Upgrading an artisan's shop doesn't disable the artisan any longer.
Classes & Mechanics
Players could get two animal companions from different classes. Resolution: the animal companion players got later do not appear any longer. Its levels were added to the first animal companion. Non-Aasimar characters could select Wings as a feat after 10th level. Resolution: only Aasimars can select the Wings feat now. Clerics with Sun domain did not get any domain spells. Resolution: fixed. There were issues with the visualization of critical threat range and critical multiplier bonuses for equipped weapons. Resolution: fixed.
“Chilly Midnight” was not working correctly, dealing physical damage instead of dexterity damage. Resolution: fixed. The item has to be reequipped. “Gear's Rule” didn't add 1d6 to alchemist bomb damage. Resolution: fixed. The item has to be reequipped. The “Downfall” bow didn't work. Resolution: fixed.
New pack of typo and localization fixes.
Performance improvements for the Global Map with the area names turned on.
We know that a lot of players experience a bug with Linzi’s “A Bard’s Calling” quest - there are no characters near Pitax Academy. Our first attempt to fix the issue didn’t work for all the cases, unfortunately. As soon as we find a general solution we will release a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
There were no characters near Pitax Academy during Linzi's "A Bard's Calling" quest. Resolution: fixed. One of the choices could incorrectly interrupt the dialogue with Nyrissa in one of the later chapters. Resolution: fixed. "The Lonely Hunter" quest didn’t complete correctly if the player picked an option to kill Ivar at "Silverstep Grove" area. Resolution: fixed. The "Hand of the Technic League" quest wasn't marked as failed at the start of the second chapter. Resolution: fixed.
Interface to chose sub-location to enter was missing at Capital Square in some cases. Players could enter "village-state" Capital Square instead of the available "city-state" one. Resolution: fixed. Dialogue with Stefano Moskoni didn't work correctly at "Rushlight Fields" area. Resolution: fixed. Some characters could remain uncontrollable in some cases (for example, Amiri could be broken after Flintrock Grassland bugs). Resolution: fixed. "Test of Loyalty" event could work incorrectly for Tristian and Jaethal under certain circumstances at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area. Resolution: fixed. Puzzle with three chests didn't work at "Pitax Royal Palace" area. Resolution: fixed. Trolls, goblins or other unintended creatures could appear at "city-state" Capital Square after Coronation event. Resolution: fixed. The dead companions could be incorrectly resurrected with the "Raise Dead" spell during the "Test of Loyalty" event at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area. Resolution: fixed.
"Pitax wins" event will no longer appear in the finished events deck after players defeat Pitax. Assassins, monsters and bards kingdom events could still be active after defeating Irovetti. Resolution: fixed. Lander Lebeda, Shandra Mervey and Kassil Aldori could appear at the capital regardless of the players decisions. Kingdom events to rank up the "Population" stat could work incorrectly if Lander Lebeda was appointed. Resolution: fixed. The kingdom rank up event to improve "Loyalty" stat up to X didn't finish correctly (related project couldn't start properly too). Resolution: fixed. The Baron's animation could be broken after the "Pitaxian Crowd Awaits an Audience" event. Resolution: fixed. The kingdom event could not be completed correctly if it happened at the same time when the related councilor left the post. This issue could concern Espionage, Military and Stability events if Ekundayo or Amiri took the posts. Resolution: fixed. Players have to re-enter the "Throne Room" area - the stuck event should start after players appoint an adviser to the position. Kingdom project "Find Mention of Armag's Tomb" could not be available for the players in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Armor stats could have incorrect calculation when loading game saves or changing areas. Resolution: fixed. Swarms and the other monsters of the similar types were incorrectly immune to some area effect spells like Blade Barrier. Resolution: fixed. "Back to Back" feat applied bonuses multiple times. Resolution: fixed. Protection Domain was not giving bonuses to saving throws. Resolution: fixed. "Two Weapon Fighting" feat didn't work if base Dexterity value (without race and equipment modifications) was less than 15. Resolution: fixed. Paladins that use "Lay on hands" charges for channel energy couldn't get "Selective Channeling" feat. Resolution: fixed. Splash weapon (Alchemists Fire, Acid Flask, Alchemist's Bomb) could make sneak damage when missed. Resolution: fixed. Madness Domain "Vision of Madness" ability was unusable. Resolution: fixed. Mastery fauchard was dealing damage even on failed combat maneuvers and was not giving immunity to the forced movement of the spell Tsunami. Resolution: fixed. Vicious weapon quality dealt non-magical slashing damage, causing it to be blocked by damage reduction. Resolution: It deals purely magical damage now that is not blocked by anything except qualities that reduce any type of damage. "Royal Guardian" armor had more Maximum Dexterity Bonus than was mentioned in the description. Resolution: the maximum dexterity bonus was reduced to fit the description. "Grandmaster's Rod" functioned as just "Greater Maximize Metamagic Rod". Resolution: It functions according to the description now. "Great Dreamer's Smile" ring added the Spell Penetration bonus twice. Resolution: fixed. "Mirror Bow" masterpiece second arrow ability did not work. Resolution: fixed. "Undeath to Death" and "Circle of Death" did not work as well as in tabletop - as at the levels you got them you would not get many encounters with enemies that had less than 10 HD that would warrant the use of sixth level spell. They also did not require material components. Resolution: both spells inflict 100 damage on targets with HD higher than 9, but require 10 diamond dust to cast (similar to tabletop in terms of pricing). Activatable abilities stopped working for not active companions (though they were kept visualized as active in the interface). Resolution: fixed. "Weapon Focus" feat applied as bonus feat on the first level of Cleric Crusader didn't work. Resolution: fixed. "Weapon focus" feat will work correctly after the next cleric crusader level-up for the affected save files. Thassilonian Mage couldn't use scrolls and wands without "Use Magic Devices" skill. Resolution: fixed. Skeletons summoned by Jaethal's camping ability didn't disappear after death. Resolution: fixed.
One of the vendors at the "Rushlight Tournament" area was selling a unique armor "Ravena's Embrace". Resolution: fixed. For players, who have already bought it, it will remain in the inventory. "Ravena's Oath" shield didn't actually provide some of the bonuses, listed in the description. Resolution: fixed. "Mythslayer", "Perfection", "Sovereign" and "Great Dreamer's Smile" no longer grant Base Attack Bonus, but give Additional Attack Bonus instead. There could be several Briars in Irovetti's inventory. Resolution: fixed. "Acerbic Ring" didn't give 1d6 to alchemist bomb damage. Resolution: fixed. Players have to reequip it to apply the fix. "Dwarven Urgrosh +4" and "Gnome Hooked Hammer +4" had incorrect names. Resolution: fixed.
There were issues with "Dreamscape" area lightening. Resolution: fixed. New pack of typos and localization fixes.
The Unity could chose to use OpenGL API instead of Metal on Mac platform in some cases which could cause a crash on game start. Resolution: we still couldn't reproduce this case locally but potential fix for this issue was implemented. Other players autosaves can no longer overwrite "Last Azlanti" mode saves. Please, load your old "Last Azlanti" saves at least once to ensure this fix is applied to them. Loading an autosave made while creating a mercenary could break the game. Resolution: the game doesn't make autosaves in this case any longer. Affected saves should be also corrected. There could be issues with cloaks physics simulations on some computers. "Clothdisabled" command line switch was added to help with related game crashes.
Some of the players encountered a bug, which made their alchemist characters to lose the Bomb ability. We are going to fix this issue in the nearest hotfix (1.0.13).
Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
"A Simple Favor" quest could not be completed under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed. "The Door to Nowhere" quest could not be completed in rare cases. Resolution: fixed. Jubilost will correctly spawn at the "Tavern" area. Players couldn't talk to Fredero Sinnet while doing the "Shelyn's Chosen" quest. Resolution: fixed. The "Amiri Wants to Talk" kingdom event could get stuck in some cases and the "Reforged Blade" quest didn't start. Resolution: fixed.
Lootboxes in the "River Blades' Camp" area could not be looted. Resolution: fixed. There interface to enter the Capital's sub-location was absent in some cases. The players could enter the "village-state" Capital Square instead of the available "city-state" one. Resolution: fixed. NPCs at "Pitax" area said incorrect phrases in the dialogues after Pitax conquest. Resolution: fixed. One of the key character could die during the final fight resulting in the incorrect ending (part of the dialogue options could be missing). Resolution: fixed.
Party roster wasn't saved correctly when players enter and exit the Capital. Resolution: fixed. There could be duplicated and missing portraits in the saved games. Resolution: fixed. Dead companions couldn't be selected in the Inventory and Character Interface if they died in the area different than the current one. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Alchemists who lost their bomb ability due to an issue should have it back. "Fighting Defensively" counted "Mobility" ranks with a dexterity bonus when determining whether to give a +2 or +3 bonus. Resolution: "Fighting Defensively" counts only ranks now. There could be issue with characters lost their "Weapon Proficiencies". Resolution: fixed.
There could be issues with save files if players exited the game while a save file was being written to disk. Resolution: the game will exit only after completing the save procedure.
We have got a report last night about the issue that the game could get stuck while loading the save files at the last chapter. We don’t want to leave this bug open for the upcoming weekend. So here is a speedy hotfix (just this issue).
Starting from this hotfix, we are changing our development approach. We have got more than one thousand bugs exterminated by now in the 1.1 version of the game. All of those are waiting to be checked and released. To release the 1.1 version, we have to refocus the team effort from making frequent hotfixes to working on this big patch. It would take a whole week at minimum to test every aspect of our complex game. That means we need to reduce the frequency of hotfixes and the number of fixes they consist of during the next 1-2 weeks (although we will definitely attempt to address the most critical issues whether they arise).
Once the Release 1.1 version will be close to stable, we plan to make it available for everyone in special beta brunch. We would welcome those players who are interested to check the new version before it released. The detailed instruction how to play the Release 1.1 beta will be available soon.
Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
"The First Crown" quest couldn't be completed if players didn't talk to Salim Ghadafar before all crown parts would be found. Resolution: fixed. "One Thousand and One Questionable Stories" could start earlier than intended. Resolution: fixed. There was (one more) problem with Tristian romance not progressing after the dialog with him in the Abandoned Keep area. Resolution: fixed. Affected players should load the save file prior to this dialog and get a special romance option in it ("Let me take you home.")
Storyteller couldn't craft "Tiger Armor" and "Star Gauntlet" artifacts. Resolution: fixed. The game could get stuck when leaving the throne room after completing the kingdom event regarding Annamede Belavarah performance at the Capital Square. Resolution: fixed. Characters could leave the ruined basement part of "House At The Edge Of Time" area with irremovable "Wild Energies" debuff. Resolution: fixed. For effected saves where party are still at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area, players have to visit the ruined basement part and leave it again to remove the debuff. The Defaced Sister at "Barbarian Camp" area can now count to three and provide a correct line depending on how many of her sisters the player has saved / killed. Vendors are added to the "Pitax Town" area after conquering the city. After leaving the councilor post Jhod Kavken could disappear from the Capital Square forever. Resolution: fixed. Bokken didn't trade with the players during the "An Ancient Formula" quest. Resolution: fixed.
In rare cases, Sartaye could start coming every time the player enters the throne room. Resolution: fixed. Events for Divine VIII and IX Rank ups as well as Arcane VII and Arcane IX could get stuck in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Projects for respective rank ups are given as intended. Events for Community IX and X Rank ups could get stuck. Resolution: fixed. Projects for respective rank ups are given as intended. Culture X Rank up event will start properly. There were incorrect numbers in the Loyalty stat reward in a couple of Pitax Influence events. Resolution: fixed. Region upgrade cards are correctly removed now when you finish upgrading the region. Bald Hilltop events such as "Creeping Death", "Battle for the Bald Hilltop" and "Hunting the Wild Hunt" correctly complete respective quest objectives now. Linxia stops attacks on denizens of your barony properly. No entry points on Pitax city map. Resolution: fixed. Quest objective "Upgrade any region" in the "How to Build a Kingdom" quest can be completed correctly now. Quest objectives in the "Region Upgrade" quest can be completed correctly now. Rank up time reduction project did not work. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
"Secret of Hooking and Summoning" killed any creatures, not just summoned ones. Resolution: fixed. At 15th level of Arcane and Sage bloodline Sorcerer the characters received School Power - but were unable to select the school that would receive a bonus. Resolution: Sorcerers can now select the school properly. The game will try to select the favored school for sorcerers that are already past level 15 (the selection is based on the other school related feats and the spell selection of a sorcerer, favoring schools with spell focuses and higher level selected spells). Weapon enhancing abilities of Magus, Paladin and ranger archetypes Stormwalker and Flamewarden did not affect unarmed attacks. Resolution: While the rules were ambiguous, we decided that there is no need to limit player selection in this case and made them affect unarmed attacks as well as weapons. Alchemist counted as a divine class for the requirements of Mystic Theurge. Resolution: fixed. The caster level check was incorrect for "Bloodbird" removal (37 instead of 26). Resolution: fixed. "Overwhelming Presence" worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. Whenever any character had two identical metamagic rods equipped on his belt the charges were spending on both. Resolution: fixed. Paladin's archetype Divine Guardian could only use Lay on Hands as a move action on himself (while he should have also been able to use them as a move action on the target of his Divine Troth ability). Resolution: fixed.
Linzi didn't disappear after death if she died with active polymorph effect. Resolution: fixed. Chinese localization bugs in Recipes are fixed.
While working on the Release 1.1 version we continue to pay close attention to the issues you keep posting to us (we can’t miss the opportunity to say one more time how much we appreciate your help!). As we promised, in this hotfix we are addressing the most critical issues we have solution for by now. It’s highly likely that we will have one or two more hotfixes before 1.1 version is ready to go live. The 1.1 version is scheduled for release between November 12th and 16th. We plan to have it available in Beta branch on the next week (we will soon post the detailed instructions on how to play the Release 1.1 Beta).
Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
One of the arguments to convince Jaethal not to sacrifice her daughter during the "Reveal My Destiny" quest was missing if the player chose to "destroy Urgathoa ritual" while talking with Taneka during Jaethal's "Chase My Shadow" quest. Resolution: fixed. If this argument is the decisive one for those players who tried to convince Jaethal, failed and then chose "attack Jaethal" instead, the quest result will be changed. Jaethal will appear at the critical point at the House at the Edge of Times area and act as if she was convinced to let go of her evil ways. Tristian could be missing at the "Abandoned Keep" area in some cases which made it impossible to complete the "Betrayer's Flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. The "Blood Calling" quest did not update in some cases if dialogue with Gwart was interrupted incorrectly at the "Flintrock Grassland" area. Resolution: fixed. The "Hour of Rage" quest did not finish after completing the "Flintrock Grassland" area in some rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
Players couldn't interact with Ivar at the "Littletown" area after the battle. Resolution: fixed. The direct transition by portals between areas didn't work in the last chapter (players could only move through the "Camp at the Capital Gates" area). Resolution: fixed. The "Oleg's Trading Post" area in the final chapter couldn't be completed (the dialogue with Kesten Garess didn't start) if Jhod Kavken died during the "Season of Bloom" quest. Resolution: fixed. Tristian could become uncontrollable after visiting the "Candlemere Tower" area in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Characters couldn't move at the Capital Inn area after the romance event with Regongar and Octavia. Resolution: fixed. Tsanna attacked the party at the "Shrine of Lamashtu" area in the final chapter even if players befriended and assigned her as one of the councilors. Resolution: fixed. Players couldn't leave the "Capital Square" area in some cases because of the Pitax bard NPC which got stuck in one of the cut-scene. Resolution: fixed. Epilogues finished abruptly at the certain endings of the game. Resolution: fixed.
The project "Research into the Nature of Curses: Armag" did not become available in some cases after Armag was defeated. Resolution: fixed. The project "Research into the Nature of Curses: Davik Nettle" did not become available when Nettle's quest was successfully completed. Resolution: fixed. "Warden Needs Your Advice" event couldn't be finished and project to rank up Stability stat was not given if certain answers were selected in the corresponding dialogue. Resolution: fixed. "Magister Requesting an Audience" and "Regent requesting an Audience" events remained active after the meeting with the advisors. Resolution: fixed. "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" event (letter from Linxia, "Deal With the Devil" quest) could not be completed. Resolution: fixed. The game could get stuck if the "Coronation" event intersected with Hell Knight's investigation (the "Deal with the Devil" quest). Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Sorcerers with Sage archetype bloodline still could not select School Power and had the bonus automatically assigned by the fix. Resolution: fixed. Saving throw wasn't counted successful after natural 20 roll. Resolution: fixed. When alchemists had Gear's Rule equipped their bomb charges were restored every time players saved a game. Resolution: fixed. Fighter's "Weapon Training (Crossbows)" was giving bonuses to attacks and damage with bows instead of crossbows. Resolution: fixed.
The Crown disappeared after the use. Fixed: the Crown no longer vanishes once it was used and it can be used twice per day now instead of once.
Several Chinese and Russian localization typos were fixed.
The game could crash because of the memory lack when loading saves in the final chapter. Resolution: RAM usage is reduced while loading save files.
version 1.1 is almost here! To get ready for it, we are launching an open beta-test. It is going to run for about a week, and anyone who owns the game can participate. All you need to do is switch to the “betatest” branch and enter the code “Ms0SJWRhSRuo”. Find detailed info and instructions over here: https://owlcatgames.com/content/beta-test
The test will be first available for Windows users, with Mac and Linux joining them in about 3 days. As for reporting bugs, you will be able to do that via a special button inside the game. We are very grateful to everyone who decides to take part in this test and help us make this game even better! Your feedback and continued support are invaluable to us!
One more thing. We keep receiving a lot of questions and suggestions on the Kingdom Management. True, this is a complicated feature! To clarify it our creative director is preparing the big post describing the kingdom mechanics and some future improvements we are planning to implement in the upcoming releases. This post is under proofreading now and will be available in the beginning of the next week.
Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
The dialogue with Tristian didn't work correctly at the Capital after the "Betrayer's Flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. The special event which started the second Tristian's quest "Saving Grace" could not be triggered on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed. "An Amusement for the Nobles" quest couldn't be completed correctly if players chose Evil or Chaotic options in the dialogue with Jamel Visser. Resolution: fixed.
Kassil Aldori and Shandra Mervey could disappear if Neutral option (alliance with both Jamandi Aldori and Natala Surtova) was selectged during the "Hour of Rage" quest. They also could disappear in some cases after the Capital was upgraded to the "stone" state. Resolution: fixed. The final dialogue with the Stag Lord could not be started if the main character was too far away from the place the Stag Lord died at at the "Stag Lord's Fort" area. Resolution: fixed. The cut-scene where Linzi introduced her book about Pitax Academy could overlap with the cut-scene of Nyrissa's arrival to the Throne room. Resolution: fixed. The romance with Regongar could get stuck in some cases and players couldn't leave the Capital Square or the Capital Tavern. Resolution: fixed. In some cases the party could exit to the Global Map while still being in combat mode. Resolution: fixed. Story events teleporting the main character from the Throne Room could break subsequent cutscenes which led to the game locking up at a later point in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Certain Athletics check didn't work at the Pitax Royal Palace cellar. Resolution: fixed. Clicking on the table in the Throne Room at certain specific moments could break a cut-scene. Resolution: fixed. The dialogue with Hargulka could be missed in some cases in the beginning of the "Troll Lair" area. Resolution: fixed.
Project to increase Relations rank to 8th didn't appear on the Triumph resolution of "The Wrath of Sevenarches" event. Resolution: fixed. Project is available for the players who missed it. Choosing one of the options in the dialog leading to 9th rank of Arcane led to the broken dialog for 10th rank. Resolution: fixed, players who experienced the broken dialog will be able to replay it. Upgraded buildings didn't provide the stats they should. Resolution: fixed. Special buildings like the "Nethys' Library" weren't considered as corresponding basic building in the building requirements. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Dazzling Display, Dreadful Carnage and Cornugon Smash did not apply effects from the Thug rogue ability Frightening. Resolution: fixed. A companion dialogue could be initiated with the party members under certain control conditions such as "Prismatic Spray". Resolution: fixed. Madness Domain abilities were multiplied after loading a save. Resolution: fixed. Improved Unarmed Strike ability disappeared after party participated at the "Drunken Melee" event at the "Rushlight Fields" area. Resolution: fixed. Cleave, Vital Strikes and other similar abilities still required to go into melee range with the target, even when the wielder was using a reach weapon. Resolution: fixed. Buffs could stay on the characters forever in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Effortelss Armor did not work right after casting it and required reequipping the armor to gain the benefits. Resolution: fixed. Archon's Aura did not work. Resolution: fixed.
Gyronna's Amulet had Mirror Image issue. Resolution: Mirror Image buff is applied on combat start and ends on combat finish.
The mass loot UI could make the party get stuck in an area in some rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
We are happy to inform you that Version 1.1 is here and ready to be shared with everyone!
We are eternally grateful for your patience. The bugs and other technical issues you’ve encountered cannot be tolerated, since they ruin immersion and spoil the fun of playing the game. We apologize for any frustration they could have caused you, and we’d like to once more reassure you of our commitment to fix all the remaining problems. We hope you feel the same way we do - we were inspired by true pillars of the CRPG genre, and we believe that with hard work and dedication, this game can become worthy of their lineage.
We would also like to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone who took part in the Beta test for this version. Your feedback is truly invaluable to us! More than 60 unique issues were fixed thanks to your reports since the beginning of the Beta. And we’ve also out around 200 other unique suggestions and issues on our task list for the next patch (unfortunately, we can’t fix everything in a glimpse, so we prioritize and address major issues first). We’d like to highlight that we carefully read through bug reports threads on Steam and GoG forums, as well as the official forum at owlcatgames.com and the fan-run Discord group, in order to record all the issues described there. We can’t answer all the messages personally - sorry for that! - but, just to be clear, we ensure you we care about everything you post, and eventually we will address all reports.
To make bug reporting easier, we’ve decided to keep the internal bug report form in the release version. There won’t be a “Bug Report” button as in Beta, so as not to clutter the interface, but on pressing F11 you will be able to send us your thoughts together with all the required information (screenshot, save file and logs collected automatically).
As soon as Version 1.1 goes live, we’ll continue working on Release 1.2, which we expect to deliver around Christmas. Meanwhile, we will keep addressing newly-found critical issues in hotfixes and other updates. Stay tuned - there will be more news about upcoming updates pretty soon!
Players couldn't speak to Mim Wobblegander during the "Heal Mim" quest objective. Resolution: fixed. The "Honor and Duty" quest couldn't be completed. Resolution: fixed. The first objective of "The Door to Nowhere" quest couldn't be completed correctly in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Players could skip the first meeting with Technic League but found the "Technic League Encampment" area in rare cases. Resolution: fixed. It was unclear that players had to show the book to Jubilost to complete the quest objective. Resolution: objective description was improved. Players could talk to Ditael several times to get several cursed swords. Resolution: fixed. The "Green Stone" quest could be completed without an emerald. Resolution: fixed. "Find a way to deal with the bandits", "Discover why monsters are attacking the kingdom" and "Find the propagandists" objectives couldn't be completed in the "War of the River Kings" quest. Resolution: fixed. Willas Gunderson stayed in the Tavern after quest completion. Resolution: fixed. "An Amusement for the Nobles" quest's failed resolution was unclear, and players thought that the quest was completed successfully. Also, some quest NPCs stayed active after its completion. Resolution: fixed. Jubilost's story wasn't updated after the "Door to Nowhere" quest. Resolution: fixed. In certain conditions, players could get the Incomplete Lawbringer Armor twice in the "Lawbringer" quest. Resolution: fixed. Diplomacy check DC was wrong in the dialog with wererats (the "Ancient Formula" quest). Resolution: fixed. An NPC didn't appear for the "Earthbreaker" quest at the "Secluded Lodge" area if the "Witch Hunt" quest wasn't completed. Resolution: fixed. Though, the NPC won't be there during the "Witch Hunt" quest. The dialog about rules in the "Price of curiosity" quest could be used to get infinite experience. Resolution: fixed. In rare cases, Jubilost didn't speak about Inconsequent Debates. Resolution: fixed. "Death to Queen Bdaah!" and "Death to Chief Sootscale!" objectives could remain unfinished after completion of the "Old Sycamore Caves" area. Resolution: if players chose the peaceful way to resolve the conflict, these quests will disappear from the Quest log (they will be failed). Siding with Annamede in Pitax could cause all guards to attack the party. Resolution: fixed. Additional reward for "The Lost Brother" quest is added. The description for the objective was clarified in the first of Valerie's companion quests. The alignment shift was changed in one of the dialogues in the "Deal with the Devil" quest. Some alignment shifts were changed in the resolution of Valerie's final companion quest. Tiressia could reward the player twice for killing the Scythe Tree. Resolution: fixed. The correct speaker was assigned for a certain line in a dialogue in Jaethal's quest. The quest description was improved for the case when Octavia and Regongar didn't join the party. The quest text was clarified for one of the objectives in the "Missing Child" quest. The location of the Poachers' Hideout was clarified in Sharel's quest. A Lawful Good justification was added to attack Darven in the "Deal with the Devil" quest. The quest text was clarified for one of the objectives in the Ekun's companion quest. If players decided to perform a ritual after completing Ekandeyo's "Bury the Past" quest they didn't receive set of "Wayfarer's Comfort” armor. Resolution: fixed. For players who have already completed this quest and performed the ritual the armor should be in the inventory. Jubilost didn't distinguish the player's gender correctly in his “Trial of Strength” dialogue. Resolution: fixed. The quest about Octavia and Regongar meeting with the Technic League spy in a tavern did not work. Resolution: fixed. You need to re-enter the tavern. After saving Octavia and Regongar at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area and adding them to the party roster, Octavia became invisible and didn’t move making it impossible to switch areas and breaking the quest. Resolution: fixed. "Arrest Morhalan" objective has more time to complete it now. The "Mirror Memories" quest couldn’t be completed under certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed. The "Saving Grace" Tristian's quest properly display as failed in the Journal now if the quest’s result leaves Tristian devastated and he doesn't accept Sarenrae's forgiveness. In some situations, player didn’t receive third Nok-Nok companion quest. Resolution: Fixed Annamede now spawns properly in the Academy area of Pitax during the “War of the River Kings” quest. She appears in the area after players talk to Atalia who (most likely) refuses to help against King Irovetti. Annamede starts a dialogue proposing an alliance. We've also added several fixes to Annamede's dialogue. In rare cases, a premature ending of the game occurs after the "Test of Loyalty" event with Tristian and Jaethal. Resolution: fixed. the "A Bloody Craft" quest could not be completed in rare cases. Resolution: fixed In rare cases, the guard near Shariel could stay in the village after the first stage of the artisan's quest. Resolution: fixed. In the “Along the Cold Trail” and “The Lost Relic” quests, a part of the addendums didn’t add up. Resolution: fixed. Nok-Nok's companion quest could not start in some cases. Resolution: fixed. The “Guiding Beacon” quest could not be completed if the player found whip without Octavia or Regongar in the group, and Bartholomew was already dead. Resolution: fixed. “The Path of the Dreams” quest couldn't be completed if Tristian died in the Abandoned Keep. Resolution: fixed.
Tartuk could appear at the "Skunk river ford" area after the completion of the "Troll Trouble" quest if players hadn't met gnome expedition before. Resolution: fixed. The bonuses party got from the allies were added at the "Ravaged Capital — Central Passage" area. The magical fog didn't disappear at the "Technic League Encampment" area. Resolution: fixed. Gwart's name didn't appear in the dialogue at the "Armag's Tomb" area. Resolution: fixed. Creatures were roaming incorrectly at the "Barbarian Cairn" area. Resolution: fixed. The party could walk through the dwarven statue at the "Abandoned Keep" area. Resolution: fixed. Villagers were reacting to animal companions and summoned units at the Capital. Resolution: fixed. Radius of roll action icons was increased at the "Old Sycamore Outdoor" area. Players weren't able to set up camp at the "Kellid Barbarian Camp" area. Resolution: the party can stay overnight with the help of a specific Merchant's dialogue option. Never-ending answer in one of the book events was fixed. Mim Wobblegander was still standing in the village at "Silverstep" area during her quest. Resolution: fixed. Several inconsistencies were fixed in the dialogue with Jamandi Aldori at "Flintrock Grasslands" area. Several inconsistencies were fixed in the dialogue with Gwart at "Flintrock Grasslands" area. Rest didn't heal the Death's Door condition at the "Camp at the Capital Gates" area. Resolution: fixed. One of the lootboxes was not reachable at the "The Menagerie" area. Resolution: fixed. Portal from the "Camp at the Capital Gates" area to "Ravaged Capital" area was available before the dialogue with Storyteller. Resolution: fixed. The main character could get stuck in a sitting pose while at "Capital Inn" area in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Players didn't understand how Divine services work. Resolution: NPCs who offer cleric services have a dialogue option now clarifying how it works. Experience for defeating Ilthuliak was too low. Resolution: experience is 4 times higher now. Party could get stuck in permanent combat mode if they entered the "Abandoned Keep" area form the "Verdant Chamber" after completing "Varnhold Vanished" quest but before starting "Betrayer's Flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. The party couldn't rest for free in Varnhold or Pitax after conquering them. Resolution: fixed. Encounter has the proper amount of Technic League Magi at the "Technic League Encampment" area now. Companions kept in the cages didn't have correct barks at the "Old Sycamore Caves" area. Resolution: fixed. At the "Inconsequent Debates" event, the Host stated that the main character loves no one even if the character had an active romance. Resolution: fixed. Players need to make successful perception check to find the "Middle of Nowhere" area now. Some players had issues with the final story dialogue at "Old Sycamore Caves" area. Nothing happened if "Attack former allies" option was chosen when kobold chief was already dead. Resolution: fixed. Those who chose this option can return to the area and defeat mites. The battle with Kalannah couldn't be finished in rare cases. Resolution: some fixes were implemented to prevent the issue. The party could pass through some of the closed doors at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area. Resolution: fixed. Greater Werewolf was incorrectly named as Greater Weretiger at the "Old Mesa" area. Resolution: fixed. Some players had an issue with barbarian sentinels at the "Overgrown Cavern" area. They didn't start the dialogue and peaceful resolution was unavailable. Resolution: fixed. Rest Camp didn't take any time at the Capital Gates. Resolution: fixed. Tsanna got stuck in the fireplace after meeting with the baron. Resolution: fixed. The Vendor didn't have replenished rest supplies at the Capital Square. Resolution: fixed. Reaford Tabulus in Pitax Royal Palace has a greater bonus on concentration checks now. Dead Kassil could return to the Throne Room in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Pitax location could have an empty name. Resolution: fixed. Edrist Hanvaki got stuck in the fireplace after meeting with the baron. Resolution: fixed. Stefano Mosconi could appear in Pitax after being killed. Resolution: fixed. Corax rewarded incorrectly for some player's decisions in dialogue with Melianse. Resolution: fixed. New reward was added for the puzzle at the Pitax Royal Palace. Unable to exit forest at "Witch's Hut" area. Resolution: fixed. Player was able to offer help to Nober's wounded barbarian before learning about the wound. Resolution: fixed. Jamandi's reply to the player's LG answer was changed during the coronation event. Unexpected alignment shifts at the "Abandoned Keep" area. Resolution: fixed. "Goblin Party" book event will continue even if the players fail the Constitution check while tasting the goblin "ale". Inconsistencies in dialogues with the Raven and Tristian in the 3d chapter. Resolution: fixed. Linxia could propose an alliance even if the player decided to fight against her. Resolution: fixed. Players could get extra experience interacting with the bridge and the cart at the "Old Sycamore Caves" area. Resolution: fixed. Missing cooking recipes were added to chapter 4 areas ("Armag's Tomb", "Two-Faced Hill", "Abandoned Keep", "Fossil Fields" and "Other World"). Vordakai has better loot now. Characters could incorrectly get damage or disease in "Kobold Trail" book event. Resolution: fixed. Players couldn't talk to Knurly Witch NPC at the "House at the End of Times" area in some cases. Resolution: fixed. There could be issues with correctly processing the decisions players made in dialogues after defeating Hargulka and Tartuk. Resolution: fixed. Jhod didn't disappear at the "Thorn Ford" area when he left. Resolution: fixed. No objective in the Quest Log for Nixie's request to bring feathers. Resolution: fixed. Special Encounter didn't happen in the 3d chapter. Resolution: fixed. The "Test of Loyalty" event could not finish correctly for Tristian and Jaethal. Also, there could be wrong dialogues for Tristian and Jaethal in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Kassil Aldori could appear at the end of the "Flintlock Grasslands" area even if he was dead by that time. Resolution: fixed. Several wrong perception check at the "Vordkai's Tomb" area. Resolution: fixed. Completing the interaction with Melianse peacefully at the Overgrown Pool caused the game to soft lock in one of the cases. Resolution: fixed. Traders in Pitax Town didn't trade. Resolution: fixed. A copy of Amiri's sword could be sold at "Oleg's Trading Post" area. Resolution: fixed. Dialogue branch with Nyrissa, that allowed to gain additional affection with her in the "Abandoned Keep" area during the "Betrayer's Flight" quest, was missing. Resolution: the dialogue branch is now available for the players who have enough affection with Nyrissa. Tessie the Quill could disappear after the Capital Square upgrade. Resolution: fixed. Players need to re-enter the main square for the character to appear. Group portraits covered exit marker at the "Overgrown Cavern" area. Resolution: the camera's movement boundary has been extended. In some cases, Ilora Nuski could appear in Pitax after her death. Resolution: fixed. Some of the scripted resurrections (e.g. at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area) did not work properly in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Bokken is alive (we hope). Curse in chapter 7 aggroed all enemy creatures upon entering the area. Resolution: fixed. Vendor Issili had too few goods in chapter 7. Resolution: fixed. Book "The Complete Collection of Useless Writings" did not appear in Issili's vendor list even if all requirements were met. Resolution: fixed. Atalia Gitaren could raise from the dead and came to the Throne Room in some cases. Resolution: fixed. In some cases, dead Stefano Mosconi could come to the Throne Room after conquest of Pitax. Resolution: fixed. Some of the options to end the dialogue with Valerie at the Capital Inn did not fully complete the event and led to its recurrence. Resolution: fixed. After the Ekundayo’s "A Feast of Feasts" quest the player was moved to the Capital but the player's figure remained at the location "Hunting Grounds" on the Global Map. Therefore, it was impossible to skip days in the Throne Room and start projects. Resolution: fixed. the player’s figure moves to the Capital correctly now.
A new "Effortless" kingdom difficulty was added. It fits between "Auto" and "Easy" and is meant for those players who wish to participate in kingdom management, but don't want to pay much attention to kingdom development. Kingdom project navigation has been improved - all projects have been divided into subcategories. Kingdom events that happen after 20th day of the month could be resolved until the end of the next month. Known issue - This is not shown in the event card properly and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix. Going into negative BP will not increase unrest until the next day now, giving time to repay the debt before that happens. The "Windmill" building didn't have a unique model. Resolution: fixed. "Sunny Glade" kingdom recourse was unreachable on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed. "The Bog Mischief" kingdom event has a proper "success" description now. 2 slots for buildings were unlocked, that should be available at the Town level in the Capital instead of City one. Bartholomew stopped working as a vendor after moving to the capital. Resolution: fixed. The "Rebuild the Temple of the Elk" and "Pillage the Temple of the Elk" projects are correctly removed now as soon as one of them is completed. Solved kingdom event cards displayed total accumulated stat changes by this event, which was sometimes confusing. Resolution: they display only the results of the resolution itself. Smithy and TownHall buildings didn't have correct models. Resolution: fixed. Projects for the Dwarven Keep Restoration in Dire Narlmarches and South Narlmarches are given as soon as respected region is claimed now. These projects allow region upgrades based on restored keeps. Building upgrades deducted the cost of the base building from the treasury incorrectly. Resolution: fixed, upgrades' cost matches their description now. Training projects for Companions now appear only for companions below 12 and 14 level after chapters 5 and 6 respectively. Those projects now level up companions to 12th and 14th level respectively. If such projects were being developed during the update, they are cancelled, and their costs are fully reimbursed. Kingdom was still destroyed if the boss of the chapter was killed on the same day it would destroy the kingdom. Resolution - fixed. The event that led to the destruction of the kingdom is removed. "Safe Refuge" event was incorrectly marked as Problem. Resolution: fixed. Kassil Aldori could disappear from the Throne Room if Kesten Garess died causing issues with some kingdom events. Resolution: fixed. Printing House couldn’t be constructed after players completed the first Linzi companion quest. Resolution: fixed. Automated Kingdom could stop working because it considered a non-existing meeting to be part of the Sharel’s Project. Resolution: fixed, also automated kingdom will now complete this project faster. "Silent Death" event had DC of 0. Resolution: fixed. "Munguk's Drunken Rage" event was too bothersome. Resolution: fixed. The event now completes even on failure and does not repeat itself. Finishing the “Cult Sacrifice” or the “Portal Beasts” events by ignoring them led to missing the rank up project. Resolution: fixed. If player selected certain answer during the dialogue for 9th rank of culture, he could miss rank up project. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Guidance Spell granted Base Attack Bonus. Resolution: Guidance Spell grants Additional Attack Bonus instead of Base Attack Bonus now. Freedom of Movement spell worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. War Domain "Battle Rage" ability wasn't shown in buffs on the character, despite working properly. Resolution: fixed. Some abilities granted by Domains didn't work correctly for Druids. Resolution: fixed. Barbarians were losing their speed bonus for non-heavy armor even if the full plate they were wearing were mithral. Resolution: fixed. Some descriptions were fixed for Arcane Trickster. War Domain 8th level Bonus Combat Feat ability lacked description and name. Resolution: fixed. Some spells, like Molten Orb, had descriptions that they should target a point, despite the fact that they must specifically target a creature (as they deal additional damage to a target creature). Resolution: fixed. The description for Power Word Blind spell was improved. Effects that turn a character into a dragon-like creature give them Blindsense 60 now instead of blindsight 30. The whole party slowed down out of combat if one of the characters' speed was less than 30ft. Resolution: only slowed down characters will move slower than 30ft. Auto cast didn't work with Charge ability. Resolution: fixed. Some feats granted without fulfilling all requirements (such as, Ranger's "Combat Style Feat") were inactive. Resolution: fixed. Divine Power didn't give bonuses to attack rolls. Resolution: fixed. Attacks with Masterwork weapons were bypassing DR/Magic as if they were magical. Resolution: fixed. Non-magical weapons temporarily enhanced by Magus or by a Paladin were not bypassing DR/Magic. Resolution: fixed. Javelin and Dart weapons had no proficiency specified in their tooltip. Resolution: tooltip shows correctly that they are simple weapon now. Trident was marked as a simple weapon in tooltip, while being a Martial weapon. Resolution: tooltip shows correctly that it is a martial weapon now. No description for the save from the Wild Gaze ability. Resolution: fixed. Creeping Doom spell worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. Clay golems are Mud golems now. Alchemist cannot use her bomb and mutagen abilities while under the effects of a polymorph effect any more. The Resonating Word spell works correctly now. Animal creatures summoned via Summon Monster spell have the fiendish or celestial template depending on caster alignment now. The Lesser Restoration spell does not remove Fatigued condition any longer if target is Exhausted. New Grease spell is added. Wizards, Magi and Bards can learn it. Serpentine Bloodline Sorcerer's Serpent's Fang ability gives additional bite attack instead of replacing empty hand weapon now. The Blind Fighting feat also gives immunity to gaze attacks now. The incorrect description for Dragon disciple's bite attack was fixed. Monk could use Flurry of Blows with any weapon as long as the character was without armor or shield. Resolution: fixed. Short sword dealt slashing damage. Resolution: fixed, short sword deals piercing damage. Duelist's Crippling Critical ability reduced duelist's AC instead of target's AC. Resolution: fixed. Alchemist's Fast Healing grand discovery didn't work. Resolution: fixed. Wrong information in Combat Maneuvers Bonus description that Tiny or smaller creatures use their Dexterity modifier in place of their Strength modifier to determine their CMB (in fact they do not). Resolution: fixed. Descriptions for Bard and Rogue (also, Cleric and Inquisitor) shared abilities were improved. Magus's Ghost Touch weapon enchantment had a wrong description. Resolution: fixed. Spell Specialization did not affect spells with variant casting (Dragon Breath 4th level spell, for example). Resolution: fixed. Sorcerer bloodlines previously did not show that many of them give wings at level 15. Resolution: wings are now properly shown on class progression screen. Calming Touch ability of Community domain were not used to heal the party on rest. Resolution: fixed. Ward Against Death ability of Repose Domain did not protect against negative levels. Resolution: fixed. Sorcerers and Eldritch Scions could take Dragon Disciple prestige class with any bloodline, instead of being limited to draconic bloodlines. This created strange interactions with its "Blood of Dragons" ability of that prestige class. Resolution: Only Sorcerers and Eldritch Scions with draconic bloodline now can take levels in Dragon Disciple. Characters that had already taken a level in Dragon Disciple can continue taking levels in it. Alchemist's Breath Weapon Bomb did damage to friendly targets even if the alchemist had Precise Bomb discovery. Resolution: fixed. Dwarven racial trait Hardy was giving a +3 bonus to saving throws instead of +2. Resolution: fixed, the bonus is +2 now. Greater Restoration did not remove Death Door condition. Resolution: fixed. Clerics had a Greater Domain Power in their progression screen at level 8. This feature did nothing and was there to signify when cleric gets his second powers of domains. It was only confusing people, since some domains receive features on other levels and all domains show their feature in the progression at the correct level now. Resolution: feature was removed from progression screen. Eldritch Scoundrel did not have Knowledge (Arcana) as a class skill. Resolution: fixed. Alchemist's Choking Bomb was applying Nauseated condition even if the saving throw against initial effect was successful. Resolution: fixed. Guarded Hearth ability of Community domain did not grant any bonuses. Resolution: fixed. Duelist Parry didn't work. Resolution: fixed. Animal Domain didn't give Lore (Nature) as a class skill for clerics. Resolution: fixed. The Inquisitor gains Exploit Weakness ability at 14th level now. New 7th–level cleric spell Resurrection was added. Rogue's Master Strike ability save DC is now Dexterity based. For characters who already have this ability you have to turn it off and on again to apply this change. Attacks of Nereids and Spit Venom spells projectiles used to be acid green. Resolution: their color was changed to poison purple. Litany of Eloquence now requires a saving throw. Water Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer Arcana is now working correctly. Water Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer now gains Scorching Ray (Cold) spell on 5th level instead of Scorching Ray (Electricity) spell. Water Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer Elemental Movement ability now gives immunity to combat maneuvers instead of +30 feet bonus to your base speed. Earth Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer Elemental Blast ability now can be used three times per day. Alertness, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Persuasive and Stealthy feats applied wrong values to skill bonus points. Resolution: all feats apply correct values now. Incorporeal creatures got full damage from magical weapon. Resolution: they get half damage. Experience distribution for the skill checks was fixed. Inspiring Recovery mechanics were triggered two times instead of one. Resolution: fixed. Enhanced Attacks ability of an animal companion gave only +1 bonus to attack, regardless of its ranks. Resolution: fixed. Animal companion's feats could be switched off in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Archon's Aura did not work. Resolution: fixed. Transformation spell works correctly with weapon proficiencies now. Some wizard schools, particularly Divination and Evocation, lacked spells at some levels, which is troublesome for wizards specialized in said schools. Resolution: Evocation now has two new spells Icy Prison and Mass Icy Prison. Divination now has Foresight. These spells were added not only for wizards, but also to other classes that should have access to them according to Pathfinder rules. We are aware that divination still lacks spells at certain levels and we plan to implement those spells in later patches. Duration of paralysis casted by Farnirras was reduced to 1 hour. Communal Mind Blank lasted 4 rounds instead of 4 hours. Resolution: fixed. Estoc, Tongi and Rapier were counted as light weapons. This reduced the damage these weapons did with Power Attack and made characters unable to hold them with two hands. Resolution: they are no longer counted as light weapons, but Estoc and Rapier are still affected by Weapon Finesse and similar abilities in exactly the same way. Only characters who have a rapier, tongi or an estoc as an offhand weapon will suffer any penalties. Rangers did not get Endurance feat at 3rd level. Resolution: fixed. Affected Rangers of 3rd level and higher will receive this feat automatically. Alchemists, that were using Gear's Rule item, received one more standard bomb ability icon in their Abilities panel after every load. Resolution: fixed. Only one standard bomb icon should remain for the affected saves. Several teamwork feats (Allied Spellcaster, Back to Back, Coordinated Maneuvers, Shielded Caster and Tandem Trip) weren’t shared by feat-sharing abilities of Monster Tactician, Sacred Huntmaster, and Tactical Leader. Resolution: fixed. The "Accomplished Sneak Attacker" feat could be taken several times resulting in the wrong bonus to sneak attack damage dice. Resolution: fixed. Ecclesitheurge was unable to memorize non-first level spells from his primary domain in their non-domain slots. Resolution: fixed.
Difficulty settings and fixes
We have a mechanic that limits the penalties to attack rolls on Story Mode. Due to a bug, that mechanic also reduced the penalty applied to iterative attacks that characters get from high Base Attack Bonus, making iterative attacks more effective than they should have been. Resolution: Fixed. Random encounters from the Chapter 4 could be triggered at the left edge of Chapter 1 region. Resolution: fixed. Random encounters near north of Shrike River, in the Outskirts and in Northern Narlmarches were sometimes too strong for 1st chapter. Resolution: random encounters in those regions were adjusted. Wild Hunt Scouts had Outflank, Seize the Moment and Precise Strike, making them more deadly than we intended when they focus one target. Resolution: those feats were replaced with others. Blindness from Wild Hunt Scouts was extremely annoying, requiring a lot of scrolls or spells after each combat. Resolution: blindness from a Wild Hunt Scout attacks with a crystal now lasts until the end of combat. Wild Hunt Monarch casted Greater Dispel Magic as an area effect. Resolution: it is now single-target effect, but can remove all buffs from the target instead of one.
Not enough Javelins, Darts and Slings. Resolution: Oleg now sells Masterwork Darts, Masterwork Flails, Masterwork Heavy Flails, Masterwork Javelins, Masterwork Slings, Masterwork Starknives, Masterwork Tridents, and Masterwork Bardiches. Half-Plate of Hatred had the price of zero. Resolution: fixed. Robe of Arcane Annihilation provided wrong bonuses to attack. Resolution: fixed. A typo is amended in the English version of Headband of Vast Intelligence +6 description: it stated a +4 bonus, while in fact it gives a +6 bonus. Ring of Evasion's description was fixed. Wild Hunt scimitar didn't have a name. Resolution: fixed. Blackemoor's Grimoire item summoned incorrect monsters. Resolution: fixed. Mourning item had the wrong price (75 g). Resolution: price was increased. Ring of Circumstances was giving +1 luck bonus to saving throws instead of its actual mechanics. Resolution: fixed. Blessed Signet had Caster Level 1 for Blessing Spell. Resolution: it has Caster Level 3 as per description now. Gnome Hooked Hammer weighed 10lbd. Resolution: it weighs 6 lbs. instead of 10 lbs. now. Dwarven Urgrosh had wrong damage assigned to its axe-head and spear-point ends. Resolution: damage and attack types were changed to align with the visuals of the attack. The Mallot of Woe was incorrectly wielded. Resolution: it is properly wielded now. Lesser Ring of Ultimate Protection and Greater Ring of Ultimate Protection had wrong descriptors. Resolution: Items have Resistance descriptor for Saving throws bonuses now. Trailbleazer's helm didn't grant correct racial AC and bonuses to Saving throws. Resolution: Trailbleazer's helm grants +3 insight bonus to saving throws only against Giants and Goblinoids and grants +3 AC against Goblinoids as per description. Ring of Enhanced Summons had alignment restriction. Resolution: the item no longer has Neutral alignment restriction. Vicious weapon harms user when using Lay on Hands. Resolution: Vicious enchantment no longer damages the players if they use anything else but vicious weapon. No Potions of Inflict Wound were available from Vendors. Resolution: Potion of Inflict Light Wounds, Potion Of Inflict Moderate Wounds and Potion Of Inflict Serious Wounds were added to Vendors that have Potions of Cure Light/Moderate/Serious Wounds. Tiger's Stripes didn't have Enhancement. Resolution: it has +5 Enhancement now. Arrowguard Buckler granted +4 AC. Resolution: it grants +5AC instead of +4AC as per description. Enchantments from Elemental Punisher, Arcane Enforcer, Authority, Overthrow, Blinding Light, Venom, Tyrant, Ruin, Spinebreaker, Chaos Shard, Grim Finale should work only with the weapon wielded now. Highwayman's Argument should correctly deal damage against frightened and shaken targets now. Blade of the Merciful correctly deals damage to non-good targets now. RoyalGift was too cheap. Resolution: its price is changed from 10000 to 64000. Vicious weapons dealt multiplied damage on critical hits. Resolution: fixed. Satisfaction Rapier didn't deal silver damage. Resolution: it deals silver damage as per description (mithral) now. Black Star Starknife casted three spells on crit. Resolution: it casts one of three spells on a critical hit now. The Narrow Path applied Negative levels on target. Resolution: it applies Negative level on a player as per description now. Chaos Hammer enchantment could work with other weapons and its buff duration was wrong. Resolution: it only works with this weapon and the Touch of Chaos buff that is applied on target is active only for one round as per description. Oils of Enhancement II worked on a "per round" basis. Resolution: it works on a "per minute" basis as per description now. Ring of Reckless Bravery had incorrect descriptors. Resolution: it has corrected descriptors now. Forest Knight's Bracers, Cloak of Sold Souls Trailblazer's Helm and Ring of Reckless Courage stayed at Notable type after assembly. Fixed: the items were moved to appropriate inventory category type. Crusader's Mithral Full Plate had icon with Gloves. Resolution: fixed. Irlene had a rod without any description. Resolution: we reworked artisan's rods - they work as metamagic rods with some additional benefits now. Leviathan's gift robe granted infinite Maximize Spell Metamagic. Resolution: it grants only 6 uses per day as per description. The wrong price for +2 Unholy Estoc. Resolution: fixed. Scroll Of Create Undead Living Armor casted the wrong spell. Resolution: fixed Mallet of Woe had the wrong model and icon. Resolution: fixed. Gyronna's Amulet had Mirror Image issue. Fixed: Mirror Image buff is applied on combat start and ends on combat finish now. Missing archeology parts were added: Cypress Queen's Flower (the "Swamp Witch's Hut" area), Shard of Knight's Bracers (the "Troll Wilderness" area), Fallen Warrior's Flint (the "Vordakai's Tomb (1 level)" area), Fallen Warrior's Flask (the "Vordakai's Tomb (2 level)" area). There wasn’t enough Freedom Of Movement scrolls. Resolution: 99 scrolls were added to Issili in chapters 6 and 7.
From now on, players can Inspect creatures and characters to find out more about their strengths and weaknesses in combat. This is done by clicking on a new button in the HUD Menu. Once activated, a skill check is made if players have never met this type of unit before. The result of the skill check and the info revealed about the unit can be found in the Combat Log. A special tooltip with available information shows up in the upper right corner of screen when hovering with the mouse cursor on the unit or the Combat Log record. An option to control the size of the fonts in the dialogues and descriptions was added. Camping could result in a frozen black screen if the "Begin Resting" button was pushed really fast. Resolution: fixed. The character's stats numbers were not updated if scrolls were used from the inventory. Resolution: fixed. Some names were hardly visible in the dialogues. Resolution: fixed. Players can skip time without resting now. Players can control the time for rest after the hunting now. Notification about minimum rest time to restore abilities was added. Timeline icon visualization was improved in the Rest interface. Rest until full recover was improved. Indoor (dungeon) maps could be too dark and uncomfortable to recognize details. Resolution: fixed. Missing descriptions for high-level cooking recipes and their buffs were added. "Use rations" option was set to ON automatically during rest in dungeons. Resolution: no options are changed automatically. Players may change "Use rations" option at the main screen of the Rest interface. "Point of interest" mark was too big on the Map. Resolution: the mark is changed. The usability of picking up a character voice during the character creation was improved. NPC Armag's name and portrait was not represented in his final dialogue. Resolution: fixed. Some usable items didn't have corresponding icons while players chose target. Resolution: fixed. A lot of new icons are added. The description of the chosen cooking recipe was not updated when players changed it. Resolution: fixed. Ekun's animal companion had an incorrect portrait. Resolution: fixed. A part of Credits was missing. Resolution: fixed. Some buffs had no descriptions. Resolution: fixed. Ability Score Modifier (Skill page during level-up) was counted according to the temporary modifiers. Resolution: the value is counted according to the permanent bonus of the Ability Score. "Load premade build" button was added in the level-up interface for pre-generated characters and companions. Map for the "Lost Dwarven Fortress" area was improved. No feedback on "Copy to spell book" and "Copy recipe" actions in Inventory. Resolution: improved. Several UI elements had empty tooltips. Resolution: tooltips are added. Custom character model couldn't be rotated in UI. Resolution: fixed. It took a lot of time for inventory to close while party was at large areas. This also caused some issues with the animation of the interface. Resolution: fixed. Player could accidentally change a character portrait on Abilities page during Character Generation. Resolution: fixed.
Sound and Voice-Over
The meeting scene with Nok-Nok didn't have voice-overs. Resolution: fixed. Lantern King's voice lacked suitable audio effects when he transformed into his original form. Resolution: fixed. Critters sounds were too annoying. Resolution: now critters play sounds with 50% chance. Music didn't play in the Barony introduction scene. Resolution: fixed. Small mastodon's footsteps were too loud. Resolution: fixed. The interrogation scene at Secluded Lodge had wrong music. Resolution: fixed. Viscount Smoulderburn didn't have the right sound effects. Resolution: fixed. The Faery dragon companion sounds were too annoying when he played a looped cutscene at Oleg's Trading Post. Resolution: fixed. Proper sound effects were added for the Cacophonous Call and Ear-Piercing Screams magic spells.
ASUS Aura support was added. Some critical battle events have visualization on the ASUS keyboard now. Important notes: Correct version of Aura software (3.02) has to be installed on the computer. Familiars didn't disappear during battle. Resolution: familiar's fade animation was fixed. Localization \ text fixes. A lot of text fixes in the dialogues. Protector of Unjust had error in Russian translation. Resolution: fixed. French mistranslation: Feat Extend spell. Resolution: fixed. Missing or wrong German, French and Chinese localization. Any references to Intimidate, Bluff, Diplomacy was improved (everything references to the core skill - Persuasion). Descriptions of Restoration spells (lesser, regular, greater) were clarified. The description for Bloodbird condition was improved. Greater Invisibility description was improved (Russian localization). The description of the "Decapitator" weapon was fixed. The description for Flare Burst spell was clarified. An incorrect loading screen tip was fixed. The description for golden golem's poison was added. Silverstep Grotto: names for the transition points were added. New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH. General visual improvements at the following areas: Capital square (there was no snow or rain. Resolution: fixed) House At The Edge Of Time Dreamscape Farnirras' Prison Irovetti palace Castle of Knives Other World (the lighting was fixed) Jamandi Masnion Kamelands Safari and Hunting Lodge (chandeliers were missing) Armag Tomb Capital Square (the lighting of animated objects was fixed) Vordakai Tomb light setup was broken. Resolution: fixed. Dunsward Tomb Varnhold Abandoned Keep (some parts of the area were too dark. Resolution: more light sources are added) Athach Lair (the lighting was fixed) Olegs Trading Post (the big campfire had incorrect lighting. Resolution: fixed) Adamantine Shield Fortress (issues with shadows were fixed) Troll Lair Troll Wilderness (background was missing. Resolution: fixed) Silverstep Grotto Cave (foliage interaction was fixed) Lizardfolks Lair ("black" grass was fixed) Dweomercat Lair Flintrock Grasslands (decals were fixed) Camp at the Capital Gates Other visual fixes and improvements Arrows get stuck in the terrain on a miss and stuck in a creature on a hit now. Some enemies didn't hold the weapon correctly. Resolution: fixed. Dynamic fluid fog was added to a lot of the areas. Several issues with Nyrissa's visual (wings, hair, clothing). Resolution: fixed. Animations were also improved. "Dancing" bushes at the "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed. There were issues with helmets visualizations. Resolution: fixed. Foliage interaction were fine-tuned at outdoor areas. Equipped weapon were not visualized in the fourth weapon slot on the back. Resolution: fixed. Mandragora Swarm had incorrect outline if hidden behind other objects. Resolution: fixed. Creature Nymph (medium size) had a visual bug. Resolution: fixed. There were issues with footprints in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Birds could get stuck over the area during bad weather. Armors and robes are visualized correctly now - above the base wizard outfit. Random sparks on the ground from invisible torches in safe areas. Resolution: fixed. VFX fit better to the companion's size now. Troll great club has a proper position on the characters back now. Some fixes with weather system. Scythe Tree attack animation was fixed. Inappropriate water reflections on low graphics settings. Resolution: fixed. 1-pixel line on the edge of some areas. Resolution: fixed. Snow visual effect could disappear after the Rest. Resolution: fixed. Some spells visual effects were updated. Wings for corresponded Aasimar's feat is correctly visualized now. No stealth animation for the animal companion. Resolution: fixed. Creatures without a blood (e.g. golems, elementals, ghosts) turned black if they were killed during cut-scenes. Resolution: fixed. There was broken animation during cut-scene at the beginning of the “The Unmaking” Harrim’s quest. Resolution: fixed. Some arrows could stuck in characters for a long time. Resolution: fixed. Area effects from swarms stayed visible after the swarm's death sometimes or even reappeared in other areas. Resolution: fixed.
DLC support for GOG version on Linux was added. Loading time up to the Main Menu is optimized. Autosaves on level up were very annoying. Resolution: autosaves on level up were turned off. Certain scrolls caused game to freeze when they were used directly from the inventory. Resolution: fixed. Weather system optimization. Dynamic fog is no longer affected by dead creatures. The game crashed on Mac after character creation in some cases. Resolution: some fixes were applied to prevent this issue. The game crashed on Mac on claiming a new region. Resolution: some fixes were applied to prevent this issue. If the party entered an indoor area when there was a storm at the outdoor area, strong winds could still be active. Resolution: fixed. Main Menu is optimized for the low hardware specifications. Different characters sharing the same name no longer share saves. Also, every character gets their own autosave and quick save slots now.
Added to version 1.1i
Сut-scene in Pitax could freeze under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed. Cut-scene with Tristian was triggering every time after players tried to get out of the Capital. Resolution: fixed. Triggering Rest could make the game freeze in some cases. Resolution: some improvements were applied to prevent this issue.
The party could get stuck at the "Technic League Hideout" area if they entered the location for the first time whilst having failed the "Cruel Justice" quest. Resolution: fixed (affected saves are also corrected). In some cases, "The Seed of Sorrow" quest could get stuck after leaving the "Old Prison" area. Resolution: fixed. Players need to start saves prior to the Throne Room. Jaethal couldn't be killed if players chose to attack her in the final dialogue during the "Reveal My Destiny" quest. Resolution: fixed. Failing the "Burning Bridges" quest could lead to issues with other events in the Throne room in some cases. Resolution: fixed. The "Talk to Shyka" objective couldn't be completed correctly in "The First Crown" quest at the "Castle of Knives" area if players didn't talk to Salim Ghadafar before. Resolution: the "Talk to Shyka" objective is not available until players talk to Salim Ghadafar. The "Troll Trouble" quest could not be completed correctly if Hargulka and Tartuk were killed in the same moment. Resolution: fixed. Ekun's animal companion could lose its name - received in the "Okbo" quest - and change size during the "Conduct the ritual" objective completion (Ekundayo's "Bury the Past" quest). Resolution: fixed (fix is available for saves that are not affected yet). Ekundayo's "Bury the Past" quest was not considered failed if players refused to take part in the ritual. Resolution: fixed. All companions could disappear if players loaded a save during the Ekundayo's "A Feast of Feasts" quest at the "Hunting Grounds" area. Resolution: fixed. Tristian's the "Saving Grace" quest was available even if the "Hour of Rage" quest was completed prior to the "Betrayer's Flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. If players already get the "Saving Grace" quest, they will keep it. The ''Read Kesten's note'' quest would not complete upon reading the corresponding note. Resolution: fixed. The "A Bard's Calling" quest got stuck uncompleted after Annamede Belavarah's leaving the "Rushlight Fields" area if players didn't talk to her. Resolution: the quest is marked as failed in this case.
In rare cases, the Pitax Aftermath could finish incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. For players who have already encountered the problem, the event will be re-started in the Throne Room. Players could not select to leap over the fence at Stag Lord's Fortress repeatedly the same way. Resolution: fixed. No exit from the "Temple of the Elk" area. Resolution: the area exit marker is moved to a more convenient location. Companions who were not in the roster could appear at the "Oleg's Trading Post" area after the night visit of Guardian of the Bloom. Resolution: fixed. Armag remained hostile even if players made peace with him. Resolution: fixed. Jamandi Aldori and Natala Surtova didn't help players in the last chapter even if they promised to. Resolution: fixed. Tartuk didn't join the party in the last chapter if all the correspondent requirements were met. Resolution: fixed. Nyrissa could be hostile to players during the final battle in some cases. Resolution: fixed. The Lantern King could die because of the Area Effect spells in the final dialogue resulting in an incorrect dialogue exit and proper epilogues missing. Resolution: fixed. Players couldn't move from the first to the second levels of the "Vordakai's Tomb" area if they got back from the second to the first levels. Resolution: fixed. Ekun's dialogue didn't work correctly after the "Test of Loyalty" event if one of the options was chosen. Resolution: fixed. Some players complained that there could be temporary party control issues during the second visit of the "Old Sycamore Caves" area after the Tartuk's quest completion. Resolution: fixed. One of the "fog barriers" at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area didn't work correctly. Resolution: fixed. The peasants at the capital came to their senses and don't accuse the baron/ess of hiding the disease when the baron/ess decided to tell them the truth during the Noble Safari event. The initial enemy positions were too close to the "fog barrier" in some places at the "House At The Edge Of Time" area, resulting in combat issues. Resolution: fixed. There were no options to talk to Tsanna at the "Shrine of Lamashtu" area in the last chapter. Resolution: fixed. Allowing Hargulka or Tartuk to keep their kingdom through the Chaotic dialogue option immediately removed the player from the dungeon, missing on possible treasure or resolving the Harrim's companion quest. Resolution: after striking an alliance with Hargulka or Tartuk, they now allow players to finish exploring the dungeon until they leave it on their own.
Using an ultra-wide monitor resulted in cropped UI in kingdom management. Resolution: fixed.
Companion's portraits could become transparent after their death. Resolution: fixed. Filters didn't work at loot boxes. Resolution: fixed. Double click didn't function properly sometimes. Resolution: double click functionality was improved. A special setting (Settings > Controls) was added to control the speed of double click. An attempt to level up a skill rank caused the modal dialogue to appear with no resulting actions while in the auto-levelup mode. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
Players with specific Operation System settings who played at the "Story mode" and "Normal" levels of difficulty could experience an automatic 10-time increase in monster damage after the release of 1.1. Resolution: fixed. Medusa's Petrifying Gaze ability worked incorrectly out of combat. Resolution: fixed. Buff from Cleric's Strength Domain's ability Strength Surge did not show near the portrait. Resolution: fixed. Extra Performance and Lingering Performance had shown "Deadly Performance" in prerequisites while actually requiring Bardic Performance. Resolution: These feats properly show Bardic Performance as the prerequisite now. Area effect buffs could get stuck for not active companions. Resolution: fixed. Characters other than the player character could not use diamond dust to cast spells. Resolution: fixed. Wild Hunt Scouts no longer drop their scimitars. Reflex saving throw did not affect the divine damage part of the Flame Strike. Resolution: fixed. Animal companions would remain petrified even after resting. Resolution: fixed. Amiri had no visible UI debuff mark while Fatigued. Resolution: fixed. Dragonkind II had no cooldown for the breath weapon ability. fixed.
Hovering over the Cursed Bombs ability when playing with the French localization could freeze the game. Resolution: fixed. Moving between peaceful areas inside your capital no longer triggers autosaves. Fixed typo in Renshala's dialogue during the dialogue with Eimar in Pitax.
Update: hot-fix to v.1.1.1d
In rare cases, the Pitax Aftermath could finish incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. For players who have already encountered the problem, the event will be re-started in the Throne Room.