New Game Crashes Right After Character Creation

Hi. Just purchased the beta pack with the alpha add-on. I just started the game, created a human wizard, and clicked complete. The first time it crashed and on restart it sent a bug report. Created it again and it crashed but no bug report.

Windows 10 pro
Dell Inspirion
Intel Graphics

Check if you can upgrade your graphic card driver.

A other possibility might be firewall / anti virus, try to launch the game as administrator to see if you can pass the character creation.

Hi thanks.

Graphic Drivers (Intel) are up-to-date and Kingmaker works fine on this same laptop.

Ran game as Admin no change still crashed. This doesn’t make sense.

Is there a log file I can read to see what’s causing the crash?

bump

Any place I can find a log file to help with diagnosing the issue?

Just a thought - but perhaps the hardware specs are higher with this game, compared to original Kingmaker? Not sure where those are posted. It def seems more of a performance hog :wink: - but that may also be because it’ snot optimized or perhaps running in ‘debug mode’.

I know that the real specs aren’t out yet, so I found a site.

according to this it isn’t much different than Kingmaker.

I think specs were shown somewhere, as I remember something about them being little bit higher than for Kingmaker. Also I think it was specs for only alpha.

So I’ve done some digging and went back to my IT Help Desk roots. I combed through Steam folders but no logs are being created for the crash. So next was Windows Event Viewer. Four entries are created and Windows Error Reporting files and logs. The easiest event to view was the Application Error.

Faulting application name: Wrath.exe, version: 2019.4.0.62326, time stamp: 0x5eda7299
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.0.62326, time stamp: 0x5eda7407
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000729c23
Faulting process id: 0x4278
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d63f2f03829d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pathfinder Second Adventure Demo\Wrath.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pathfinder Second Adventure Demo\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 732b33f2-ba6b-421e-a7b5-f1fc51c75fcb
*Faulting package full name: *
Faulting package-relative application ID:

But there isn’t really anything to help me diagnose the issue. Here are the 4 event logs. The most recent one has some good info in it

Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_igdkmd64.sys_GEN9CFL_DXCOMPUTE_GPULOOP, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: f8e9fb9e-65eb-49b4-8d9d-688cef072ef9

I can’t find anything definitive other than it’s the silly Intel Graphics on this laptop. So now I work on playing with graphics settings. All graphics drivers are up-to-date.

I am having the same issue, where you able to find a fix?

I have been having the exact same issue with it drivers are all update to date. I tried reducing any possible resources as well as adjusting expanding dedicated video ram just to make it less likely to have any issues with no difference. Everything i have on the system is above the minimum specs requirements and same issue persists. Slightly below the current listed recommended specs but well above the minimum specs and I can run games with far higher requirements with 0 issues. I can send a windows 10 problem report listing but also ran all the fixes for that no issues only issue I’m having specifically is with WotR. Graphics driver is up to date cross verified with the driver manufacturer. I have cross tested it with different higher min spec requirement games with no issues either the crash happens exactly while the opening of the game is happening and it happens every time.

I checked the specs off the steam page where its downloaded from I have all the required specs and all drivers are up to date I am actually above the required specs Issue still happens every time on the Screen exactly after character creation.

I also have the same issue. All my graphics drivers are up to date. Having paid to take part in the beta I’m feeling pretty conned given that people seem to have been posting about this problem for some time and yet no solution has been suggested. :frowning:

1 Like

Was there ever a fix to this? I just paid and got the beta test and im having this problem

It only got fixed when I built a new PC :pleading_face:

The Intel graphics wasn’t enough. I got a new computer and it was all related to the stupid intel graphics chip.