(I’ve put the topic in the wrong subforum, I post here again, sorry for that ^^’)
I know there is already a post about this subject, but I created this one to discuss about which characters seems more logical (even if you don’t like the character) to see in Wrath than which your favorite characters you want to see again.
Before thinking about the characters, I think it’s important to consider the presence or no of an importing save feature.
- If the importing save feature is not present, so the cast of possible characters will be small if Owlcat decide to not impose a canon. In this case, we can only consider characters where we only have a small influence on them. Because otherwise it would not be coherent to see them. For instance, it would not be coherent to see a character that can die in Kingmaker.
- If Owlcat decide to impose a canon, the cast is larger, but I hope this will not be the case. Why? Because imposing a canon in a roleplay game series where choices matter is the worst thing ever … Ok, maybe be not the worst thing ever but it’s really frustrating that the devs decided that your story is not the good one and imposing their choice. So, if a dev read this, please don’t impose a canon.
- If an importing save feature is present, it’s the best solution. Why? Because it gives a lot of freedom for the dev to create reactivity and it give a nice feeling for the player to know that the choices made on a previous game can impact the actual game.
Before proceeding further, this post will contain a LOT of spoil on Kingmaker so don’t read if you don’t want to be spoil.
No import save and no canon.
- The Storyteller. If I had money to bet on which Kingmaker character will be present on Wrath, all my money will be bet on him. Because we have no influence on him, we can’t kill him and he will always leave your kingdom at the end, after the victory. So, whatever the choices you made during PFK, he will be the same.
This character also fit well for a cameo since he wants to explore and gather ancient knowledge. And there is a lot of ancient knowledge at the Worldwound.
- Linzi, our poor little book. Even if we have a little influence on her, the end is the same, she became a book. So, for this part, whatever the choices you made, she will be almost the same.
But the ending slide seems to indicate that she is in the capital library during a long time so seeing her in the Wourldwound will be difficult.
- Amiri. Our barbarian cannot die and in each of her ending, she leaves for travelling. So, seeing her in Wrath could be coherent but if I’m not wrong, Owlcat already said that we only see one iconic character in Wrath so seeing Amari seem impossible.
And that’s all. I can’t find any other characters to add here. Obviously, there is other characters where we have little or no influence on them like the ancients of the first world (except the Lantern King) or the Pharasma inquisitor we meet in the Thousand Voices but they are really minors characters and I don’t think they could be satisfying cameo.
Importing save feature or/and imposing a canon
These two categories merge here because, having a canon imposed is like have the importing save feature but everyone use the same save.
- Your character in Kingmaker and the kingdom. Because the Worldwound is a threat that concern everyone and since our kingdom is not too far of the Worldwound, it’s logical to think that the Stolen Land could be involved into this new crusade. This is particularly true of the LG kingdom where we made an alliance with the Mendev. It could be nice to have some troops coming from the Stolen Land reinforcing the crusade. With maybe some dialog line about the kingdom, which can change depending of the kingdom alignment.
- Maegar Varn. One of his ending (where all his friend dies during the dlc) explicit said that he went to fight demons at the WorldWound. In all his other endings (expect the one where he dies, obviously) he also leaves the kingdom. So, it could be possible to see him again even with the General.
- Ekundayo, one of his ending said he travels land to kill many monsters he can, so seeing him in the Worldwound could made sense.
- Jaethal, two of his ending could be used to see her in Wrath. In the one where she stills undead, it said she left for the Geb, an undead nation. And one of the Kickstarter post said we could lead an undead army from Geb, so maybe Jaethal could be involved?
In the ending she became a Pharasma inquisitor, it said that she leaves the kingdom to some work for his goddess. But since we know that Geb undeads will be involved in Wrath, we could see her tracking down these undeads?
- Jubilost, since he continues to travel. But it’s said that he is focus on exploring the First World so seeing him in Wrath is not impossible but no likely.
- Tristan, in one of his ending he becomes again an angel so seeing in fighting demon at the Worldwound could be possible.
- Harrim, the expending Worldwound could be considered like the end of the world so seeing Harrim, whatever his ending could be coherent.
- Tsanna, since she is a demon-lord servant, seeing her at the Worldwound could be logical.
- Tartuk/Hargulka, if we don’t vassalize them and spare them, they leave for an unknow location so it’s a possibility to see them.
- Ivar. If we spare the bard-werewolf, he continues to travel and since he seems to seek for redemption, we could see him at the Wourldwound fighting demons.
- Dugath and other barbarians. Since the Numeria is the neighbor of Mendev and the Worldwound, we could see them as mercenary during the crusade.
And that’s all, I don’t find any another cameo who could make sense and being a little satisfying to see. Also, I didn’t say this before, but I’ve made one principal assumption is that Kingmaker begin before Wrath in the timeline of Galarion. I’m not sure it’s correct but I’ve seen some people said that Paizo consider that the chronology of the adventure path is the same in the real life and in Golarion. So, since Kingmaker had begun in 2010 and Wrath in 2013, Kingmaker begin first in Golarion timeline.
Thanks for reading this long post and don’t hesitate to add others characters which seem pertinent for you or discuss the one I’ve presented !