Lag when switching characters with keyboard

Platform:
pc
Do you have any mods?
no
Please explain the issue is in as much detail as possible:
when switching characters with keyboard (f1 , f2 etc) game stutters for a few seconds. When save is reloaded it is ok, then gets worse with time. Other then that the game runs without lags. Selecting character with the mouse does not cause any lag.
pc:
geforce 2070 super
amd 3600

Aren’t your F1-F6 keys bound to a macro? It’s far-stretched but I don’t see anything else for now. You could try to assign the character selection to other keys, just to test.
Does it lag with any of those keys, or only a few keys?

Psst: “other than that” :face_with_monocle: :slightly_smiling_face:

No, no macros, and it does not matter which keys I assign characters to.
Even more interesting - I tried installing the linux version and this bug persists on linux (same computer)

I found a person who has the same problem:

Hope devs would look into it.

Just to make sure, you can also report the problem from within the game, with F11.
Alternatively, I’ve seen it was possible to send an email but I don’t know if that’s still the way to go.

EDIT: linked text is not visible in the forums, here’s the URL: https://kingmaker.owlcatgames.com/content/bug-report-technical

1 Like

Actually, I have the same problem. I haven’t played for a while, and today I saw that using the keyboard to select a character would sometimes even freeze the whole game for about 5 seconds.