Kingmaker slowdown bug

Platform: Linux - FerenOS (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), Steam, Native client.

System Specifications: Ryzen 3 1200, GTX 1050 2GB, 8GB RAM.

Do you have any mods? No mods.

Please explain the issue is in as much detail as possible:
At certain points during the game, like entering the Fangberry Cave/getting ambushed during rest/initiating certain storybook moments the game slows down to a crawl, GPU utilization drops down to the bare minimum.
Game files are verified and I’m playing the game with turn-based mode off.

I’ve tried changing the each graphic setting one by one, to try and isolate the root of the problem - none of them seem to have any effect. I’ve tried changing the nVidia and the compositor settings and playing with the compositor enabled, no effect.

Resting fixes the issue, however that simply isn’t possible in combat or storybook events.
It seems the issue is tied to a specific time of day or a save, so I have attached the problematic save file here along with the video of the problem here.

1 Like

I am also having a similar issue and my setup is similar to the OP.
pop_os 21.04, which is based on Ubuntu
Ryzen 7 2700, GTX 1070, 16 GM ram and running the GOG version of the game
I first noticed it at Fangberry Cave too.

Edit: per these posts the issue could be too many save files being retained

I have the exact same issue in the fangberry cave, being slowed down to 15/20fps, but I don’t have many save files, because I’m new in the game. I’m pretty sure this is not related to saves then.
All the other maps seem to work correctly at 60fps, this should ont be an hardware issue. (I’m running ubunto 20.04, de ryzen 3600 and a GF 3070 RTX)

Many sometime devs will care about us :cry: