I Killed Areelu Vorlesh [Oops?]

Spoilers ahead.

In Citadel Drezen, Areelu Vorlesh is disguised as Yaniel. After you defeat the ghoul pit, a cutscene occurs where Yaniel ports in and kills a Vrock demon before showing the party a secret passage to the Sword of Valor. So out of boredom, I decided to dimension door my party passed the ghoul pit, which triggered both the ghouls and the cutscene. After Yaniel kills the demon, she is nice enough to assist the party in fighting the ghouls. Of course, out of morbid curiosity, I wanted to see how strong Areelu Vorlesh was as a pretend-paladin.

I pulled my party back after clearing the ghouls and allowed Areelu to face off against the nabasu by herself. Again, out of morbid curiosity, I decided to up the difficulty and transform the lowly demon into a god-eating machine. After hitting Areelu about a dozen times for 50 damage each, Areelu drops dead. I then reset the nabasu to maggot level, walked over it to Areelu’s corpse, and collected some sweet sweet loot.

After exiting the citadel, Areelu appears as Yaniel again and acts as if nothing happened.

Is this supposed to be allowed? Because I feel like the loot she drops is pretty game breaking at that stage of progression.

3 Likes

interesting ! care to share which kind of loot?

I think this should stay in the game as a possibility. Suture can revive her, or maybe she can revive herself. As a tribute to Drizzt Do’urden in BG1 and BG2.

1 Like

Sure. She drops Adamantite Full-Plate +4, Ring of Protection +4, Amulet of Natural Armor +4, and a Cloak of Protection +3.

4 Likes