Elemental Engine Kineticist

Trying to figure out what this AT entails. Clicking on it auto-deselects it. Is there another way to find out its contents ?

Edit: Found something …
.\Wrath_Data\StreamingAssets\Localization

Elemental Burnout
Starting at 7th level, an Elemental Engine gains additional benefits while at maximum Burn, depending on the Element they chose at 1st level.

• If the chosen Element was Air, you gain a +2 Saving Throw bonus against spells with the Electricity descriptor. Additionally, you gain immunity to ground-based spells and abilities.

• If the chosen Element was Earth, you gain a +2 Saving Throw bonus against spells with the Acid descriptor. Additionally, you gain a +4 bonus to CMD against Trip, Bull Rush and Pull Combat Maneuvers.

• If the chosen Element was Fire, you gain a +2 Saving Throw bonus against spells with the Fire descriptor. Additionally, you gain a +20 enhancement bonus to your speed.

• If the chosen Element was Water, you gain a +2 Saving Throw bonus against spells with the Cold descriptor. Additionally, any enemy striking you in melee combat with a non-Reach melee weapon must make a Fortitude Saving Throw (DC 10 + half the Kineticist level + Constitution modifier) or become slowed, as per Slow spell, for 1 round.

Greater Elemental Burnout
Starting at 13th level, an Elemental Engine gains more benefits while at maximum Burn, depending on the Element they chose at 1st level.

• If the chosen Element was Air, you gain an additional +2 Saving Throw bonus (stacks with Elemental Burnout to +4) against spells with the Electricity descriptor. Additionally, you are under the effect of Freedom of Movement (replaces Elemental Burnout bonus).

• If the chosen Element was Earth, you gain an additional +2 Saving Throw bonus (stacks with Elemental Burnout to +4) against spells with the Acid descriptor. Additionally, you gain immunity against Trip, Bull Rush and Pull Combat Maneuvers (replaces Elemental Burnout bonus).

• If the chosen Element was Fire, you gain an additional +2 Saving Throw bonus (stacks with Elemental Burnout to +4) against spells with Fire descriptor. Additionally, you are under the effect of Haste (replaces Elemental Burnout bonus).

• If the chosen Element was Water, you gain an additional +2 Saving Throw bonus (stacks with Elemental Burnout to +4) against spells with Cold descriptor. Additionally, any enemy in 10ft radius must make a Fortitude Saving Throw (DC 10 + half the Kineticist level + Constitution modifier) every round or become slowed, as per the Slow spell, for 1 round (replaces Elemental Burnout bonus).

Of course these will come at a cost. At 7th level the only thing gotten is Expanded Element but which cant be lost since it would render all the Composite Blasts and Specialization moot including those for your 1st level Element like Blue Flame Blast.

I can however imagine that the 7th level Expanded Element is restricted to your first Element and that the 15th level iteration is lost entirely or that there is a slower Wild Talent Progression.

Personally, I still think the base Class is the best. Id hate it if I had to use one Element only over and over, even if its superior that way. Kinda repetitive and boring.

Sincerely.

This largely matches what was posted over on discord.

The fire one sounds strong until you realize that haste is largely wasted on any kind of ranged attack build … and that operating at full burn on a melee build is usually quite risky.

Given that I would rate Earth as the best for a ranged build and Water the best for a melee or close range build. Air is super weak, sadly.

Agree that base class still looks the best at this point. I’m also wondering if Substance Infusions have been fixed to work off of things other than Con yet for the subclasses. It was broken in Kingmaker when I tested it (bug reported) but I haven’t looked in Wrath yet.

1 Like

Also do we know if third pick will be available? If not, than only air would give you a Cloud and going earth would be the only way for deadly earth.

Looking at this I have a crazy idea for malee either pyro or hydro kineticist dual wielding finessable weapon with dips in Monk, rogue and vivi. Not sure how well it would fare on challanging thou (I’m not playing on higher difficulties as I don’t like how they are implemented)

Wow. This AT is now selectable and its contents are visible.

The only thing that is lost is the 11th level Class Feature Supercharge that reduces Burn costs when using any Gather Power by 1.

Since I dont like using Gather Power this is by far the best AT available. There is literally no catch.

Losing 1 Burn reduction from gather power is HUGE. There is literally a Mythic Ability that does exactly that. Losing that for increased saves against very specific spells and effects you could easily obtain from a different source seems just terrible.

There is an Ability that provides said Gather Power +1 an its learned even earlier for the Elemental Engine.

Another buff is +Burn to both Attack and Damage with Kinetic Blasts and twice that amount when at full Burn.

Okay, now that makes this AT reasonable.

It makes it completely OP, so much infact that selecting anything non-Elemental Engine is utter nonsense (minus possibly the Kinetic Knight).

The Patch 0.6.2 was also ‘patched out’ a few moments ago. Now back to 0.6.1 and Elemental Engine auto-deselects again.

Anyone knows if Gather Power+1 from Elemental Engine stacks with Mythic Ability? It will be awesome having a bonus of +2 to gather power.

Tried Elemental Engine Kineticist and the gather power +1 doesn’t seem to work.
I’m at maximum burnout (8/8) and still only -1.
It changes to -2 only with mythic talent.

1 Like