Dead demons in your room

Anyone else come across this in defenders heart after resting?

4 Likes

That’s really interesting!! I’ve never come across this happening in the Defender’s Heart. Did you sleep through the attack??

2 Likes

No it was the day of the attack. This must be something brand new since I’ve never come across it in the Beta. Weirded me out big time.

2 Likes

So you defeated the demons, and then went into the tavern to rest, and found them when you woke up??

2 Likes

The other way around. I rested, woke up surrounded by dead demons and then the tavern was attacked.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s cause you have a pet companion. Did you have one in the beta too? I can’t recall this happening to me either.

2 Likes

If it was some botched assassination attempt then my AC is a very good boy defending me in my sleep. Honestly it could be anything, maybe it’s because I’m playing the Demonslayer archetype? too early to say.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering whether there’s now an attack timer, and whether it went off whilst you were sleeping?

1 Like

That is really interesting! I have yet to get to the inn being attacked - about to finish the Gray Garrison. But I will report back once I get there. Haha. Aw he is the goodest boy regardless!

2 Likes

Maybe, although the scenario still played out like normal where an npc told me that the demons were making their move and to report to Irabeth.

2 Likes

I hope we find out a reason for this scenario soon!! It’s got me really curious now, and want to find out the reason for this mystery, lol.

2 Likes

Please do, I’m curious to see if anyone else finds this

2 Likes

I had this happen as well, when I rested right before the Defender’s Heart battle. Completely hazarding a guess, I think it might be a thread for Camellia or Daeran.

3 Likes

I don’t think that it would fit in with Camellia’s story line, as dead demons don’t fit her M.O. … but I guess it could possibly fit Daeran’s?

Summary

Except wouldn’t they have been beheaded in his case?

3 Likes

One of the dretches was beheaded. You can see it on a plate by the window if you look closely

2 Likes

Did you get their heads in your inventory after? Because the head on the platter is a nice catch.

2 Likes

I have one in there now but it doesn’t say what the head belonged to and I can’t be sure when I got it

2 Likes

I’ve just had this happen to me!! I had two heads before the demon bodies appeared, and now I have three!! Coincidence …??

2 Likes

yes - i had this same thing happen after the fight to defend the Inn.

1 Like

This happened to me RL hours (Maybe 5 hours) before I had to defend the inn. And I don’t have a pet; I’m a Kitsune Rogue.

I saw the demons spawn in before the screen went black to rest. I think they were supposed to pop in AFTER that, since just poofing in looks silly.

But I wonder why they appear at all…

1 Like