Custom Portraits

I know we have yet to receive a firm ‘yes’ regarding this and was hoping we could get confirmation. I’d also be interested to know what resolution and/or file format(s) would be supported so I can commission custom artwork for my character.

Baldur’s Gate 1 allowed custom portraits and that launched nearly 20 years ago. It would seem really bizarre to me if Kingmaker lacked this feature.

Edit: And if this makes more sense in the Dev Forum, please move it there. Sorry if that’s the case!

No idea about format or resolution, but wasn’t this already confirmed? I’m pretty sure we’ve confirmed this.

Is that a confirmation?

(because according to my list the last word on things was “Probably? I don’t see why not?”)

Uuuuh… maybe lemme check back with the devs when they all come back to life next week, but I could have sworn they said yes on that one.

I see you have “extra portrait for the main character” does this mean we won’t be able to use our own images?

Using custom profiles is gonna be a thing as far as I’m aware. I’ll poke the devs again next week when they return from their new year’s coma, but I’m 99% sure this is gonna be in there.

Cool. Thanks BK. :slight_smile:

Mat, do you have an idea who you’ll commission from? I’d love to do it from the same artist that did/will do the rest, but I’m not sure it’ll be possible(I don’t know how to contact him/her and I don’t think I’ll know when he/she will be availble to to portraits.

No, the extra portrait is one that was communally chosen. It ended being a female half-elven sorcerer with traces of vampire, mummy and wraith (undead) bloodlines.
It can be found here(I find ghoul whould be good for her too though)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2077236

Forest,

First, sorry for the late response. I believe the character artist for the game is probably really busy creating more art for it, so that’s probably a no-go. His name is Valeriy Vegera, by the way. https://www.artstation.com/vegera

I have not even bothered trying to contact him for commissions. If you do and he’s receptive, please let me know. I’d be willing to pay good money for a custom portrait.

Since I assume Vegera’s off the table, there are a couple of artists over at https://sketchmob.com/ that I might use, who have art styles that are similar to the one Vegera has. I still need to decide on who my main will be for the campaign, though.

Better late than ever ^^ Thanks! I was thinking of waiting a good while for his workload to settle down before asking. On second thought, I’ll ask if he’s willing for when he’ll have the time.

Edit: E-mail sent. I hope for a favorable answer.

Mat, who are you thinking about? I don’t think I’ll ever get an answer from Valeriy. :confused:

I know a lot of the artists Paizo uses frequent DeviantArt. Search for pathfinder. some probably take commissions.

I hope this gets confirmed in the time being because I like to draw my own characters :frowning:

Cool portrait.

thank you! :slight_smile:

They did confirm we’ll be able to import our own, but we got no specifics about the format and/or dimensions.

that’s great! thank you for the info :slight_smile:

WHAT MAKES A GOOD PHOTO?
What makes a good photo to custom portraits
1.Make sure your photo has good lighting – enough to see the details of your loved one’s face, but not so much that their face is too bright to see. Darker photos make it hard for our designers to capture the details!

2.A head-on shot is preferred. Make sure that you get the full face in the photo, including the ears and forehead. If we can only see half of the face or the photo is taken from the side, only half of the face will be on your product!

3.Avoid blurry photos – the higher the clarity of the photo, the better. Remember that the photo will be shrunk down, so some subtle features may not be seen as clearly in the final product.