Citrix and OSX potential fix

The game won’t even load. See the launch icon and then crash.
I played 100 hours and now I can’t even start the game

What did I do

• Reinstall the game, reset pc.

Standart error
error
-[MTLRenderPipelineDescriptorInternal validateWithDevice:]:2679: failed assertion `No valid pixelFormats set.’

with launch option -force-opengl

Thread 0 Crashed:: MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

No mods, pure steam client, no beta

macOs Mojave 10.14.5
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Cant attach logs

Mac is not compatible with the Beta.

Update 2.1.0g is a Beta version to test the turn-based and the Definitive Edition. You gonna need to change it back to version 2.0.8.
Right click on the game in Steam library > proprieties > Betas > None - opt out of all beta programs

To be fair… the Windows only compatibility is hidden in that post, very easy to miss and i did for a while.

Official release of the Definitive Edition is expected on august 18th.

Sorry I don’t know which version of the game I have, just after august 10 game won’t start at all.
In this settings game still crashed

Do you have Citrix installed?

Sorry, my knowledge of Mac is very limited. Check this thread, especially post # 6 and the following ones.

Yes, i do. Have Citrix installed

It’s most likely Citrix fault. The easiest way to fix your game will be to uninstall Citrix…

Is this a Windows only fix?

Cant uninstall Citrix. Are there any other options for the game to work on OSX ?
Link to steam thread is a Win fix, wont work

Finally, this will be the solution for some Mac users. It helped me.
Launch the game and hold Options key, unity settings window appears, check Windowed mode press play.

1 Like

Unity REALLY have to correct their full-screen problems. A lot of their games have some kind of problem in full screen…
Edit : or at least remove that option completely and leave the borderless window instead.