So I completed the battle of Kenebraes and began the tactical section where my army is supposed to attack Dresden. I’d like to share my initial experience of this:
I started out moving around the map with my character and did a side quest (an imp and a ring) then went to the first demon army.
- I was able to move on top of the demon army but nothing happened
- I couldn’t enter the demon army or otherwise engage it like a location normally would
Then I noticed I had a ‘legion’ marker too and that I could move that around as well.
- I moved the legion to the demons first army to fight it
- My army had 100 men and we won but lost 50 men
I then ran out of movement for the legion. I assumed that to move further I maybe needed to rest.
- I moved my player piece on top of the legion but there didn’t seem to be a way to join it or rest with them or anything.
- I clicked camping button to see if that would give me more movements but I was unable to hunt so had to use supplies instead
- After resting my army got more movement for my legion (although now I am thinking that pressing ‘skip day’ would probably have done the trick)
I moved to the next demon army with my legion and promptly got wrecked.
I recruited another army and moved them to my party playing piece bit again there didn’t seem to be any way to ‘lead them’ or merge the two peices.
This time I took the legion to a different demon army (this time they had a castle icon and seemed to block my parties movement).
When I fought these guys there was a giant cultist on the other side. He seemed to cast bane so I assumed maybe he was the enemy general? How do I get to be the general of my own army!? Is there any way for me to have my party help out or actually join the legion?
I feel like my 100 swordsmen would really benefit from a few fireballs on their side.