I did some reading on the classes and I thought of something.
I will probably not play this char, but thinking about creating a char might improve my understanding of the rules. Please tell me if you think this could be a good idea.
I thought about a char who hits hard from the distance while also having strong magic powers.
classes: (taken in that order)
Zen archer monk 3 (wisdom for bows, flurry of blows with bows, 2 bow related feats)
Fighter 1 (martial weapon profiency, 1 feat)
Empyrial sorcerer 6 (full arcane caster based on wisdom)
Eldritch knight 10 (only class with high BAB and spell progression, counts as fighter for feat requirements)
Race: Aasimar (+dex and +wis)
stats: max out wisdom for hit chance, spell power and AC, str gives damage bonus to composite bows (otherwise useless), some dex and con is good for saves and survival, cha and int do not matter.
result at lv 20
- BAB 17 (4 base attacks per round, plus flurry, rapid shot, multishot and haste)
- Spell power of a sorcerer lv 15 with maxed casting stat
- weapon specialisation and improved weapon focus
- You use one stat for hit chance, armor, spell power and saves
- EK 10 allows you to cast a spell as swift action when you crit, and with your high number of attacks you will crit often. So you can shoot like a machine gun and cast spells at the same time.
If I get the rules right, you could cast true strike as swift action and get +20 AB for all of your attacks in the next round.
I am not sure if there are other arcane offensive buffs (bonus to AB or weapon damage) that are self only.