Bug: Skald cannot gain level 2 in Dragon Disciple

Hi there

actually serious bug: When you level dragon disciple to level 2, and are a skald you cannot proceed past the “Arcane spellcasting” selection. The reason for this is that Skald is missing from the possible options, as these have only Bard, Bloodrager, Eldritch Scion and Sorceror.

Huh, ans I was just thinking about testing this. Want me to see if it comes up for me too?

well why would a skald qualify, it doesnt have a bloodline, only spontaneous caster with dragon bloodlines can do dragon disciple, and if you dipped into one to get DD, only those classes with bloodlines will get spellcasting continuation…does Skald have a sub class with a bloodline I am not aware of?

Because Bards qualifiy? And they dont have a bloodline or anything like that either?

Here are the requirements:
Race: Any non-dragon.

Skills:(arcana) 5 ranks*.

Languages: Draconic.

Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st-level arcane spells without preparation. If the character has [sorcerer] levels, he must have the draconic bloodline. If the character gains levels of after taking this class, he must take the [draconic] bloodline.

Languages is not implemented, Skald does cast 1st-level arcane spells without preparation, Skald can get knowledge arcana 5 ranks.

1 Like

Furthermore, they can get dragon disciple level 1, but the interface does not allow them to take level 2 because thats where the arcane school is selected.

this is a legacy bug. the inability to take dd levels past 1 because skald was not an arcane spell caster option was a known problem in the previous beta.

in one of the first twitch beta walkthroughs following the release of the new beta, an owlcat developer mentioned that character class fixes were not a priority for the new beta. it didn’t take many hours of beta gameplay to confirm the veracity of the observation about the lack of attention for class feature fixes.

hopefully the class bugs become a priority soon.