Bloodline Bonus Feat Prerequisites

What happens if you level up a character with a Second Bloodline, but don’t meet the prerequisites for one of the bonus feats, while also not having any other options? Can you choose to forgo one of the bonus feats or will you be unable to level up?

For example a Bloodrager with Abyssal and Demonic Bloodlines.

From Abyssal they select Great Fortitude, Toughness, Cleave, Power Attack, and Intimidating Prowess

From Infernal they select Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Deceitful, Iron Will and…the remaining choices are all Improved (X) feats. If they don’t have the basic version, what happens at level up?

Or am I mistaken and a Second Bloodline only offers greater selection but they still only receive one Bloodline Bonus Feats at appropriate levels.

According to the bloodline class feature of the Bloodrager: Starting at level 6 and every 3 levels thereafter they select a bonus feat from the bloodline list. They must meet all prerequisites for those feats.

So there are two things: First, if it gives you two bloodline feats when you hit 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18. Then you’re testing to see if it breaks the level up menu if you have no valid feats to select from.

To test this you’d have to build your character in a very specific (some would say sub-optimal) way.

1. Make your Bloodrager with abyssal bloodline.

2. At level 5 (start of act 2 after you get your first mythic level) you would take your 2nd bloodline as your first mythic ability.

3. Get to level 6. If it gives you two bloodline feats, awesome, proceed to the next step, if not, you don’t have to worry about running out of feats.

4. Get to level 18. 9, 12, 15 and 18 you will be taking the feats you described above without taking any prerequisites for other demonic bloodline feats as your class feats.

Do you even get to level 18 by the time the beta ends? I assume doing so would involve some degree of cheating to test this… frankly… very edge case. I’m almost certain Owlcat has something built into the character creator that compensates for if you run out of feats. Probably just skipping the feat and saying ‘you done goofed.’

Thanks for the reply. I’m not actually in the beta. I’m just trying to plan out a possible build ahead of time and ran into this possibility. I’m fine with the losing out on one of the bonus feats. I was just curious as it was something that could get overlooked and cause an issue with leveling up. My hope is that as you said it accounts for this possibility and allows you to complete leveling up without selecting the “sacrificed” bonus feat.