10hrs into playing Kingmaker, major performance issues happing (even with a new game)

Platform: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / RX580

Do you have any mods? NO MODS

Please explain the issue is in as much detail as possible:
Hi Everyone,
I was playing Kingmaker for about 10hrs, over the course of 3 days, with no issues - the game ran great at Fullscreen-1440p on High.
Suddenly, performance totally dropped - animations stuttered, mouse was unresponsive, audio hosed, etc.
Uninstalled Kingmaker and Steam, cleaned out any/all Kingmaker-related & Steam-related folders and Registry entries (including all of my saved games, locally and on Steam Cloud).
Reinstalled Steam & Kingmaker and started a fresh, new game.
The initial menu’s, animations and character creation screens all worked normally.
The Swordlord’s Banguet Hall map loaded, and performenace was totally jacked up - stuttering/freezing, etc.
I played with graphics settings - even all the way down to Windowed/1024x768/Low, with anti-aliasing turned off, Kingmaker’s performance is horrible.
In summary:
1). Fresh, new Steam and Kingmaker installation
2). NO MODS
3). NO Saved Games (locally and on Steam Cloud)
4). Even with Kingmaker’s graphics set Low/Windowed/1024x768, totally stuttering/freezing/unresponsive
5). ALL other games installed on my PC are running fine at Medium to High graphics @1440p

Is there anything else I’m missing?

Any other troubleshooting steps anyone would try?

Unfortunately, Steam will not issue a refund, so I’m out $40/usd.

I have the exact same issue.

No mods, AMD FX 8350 / RX 6600 / 16 GB RAM
All other games work fine, Kingmaker is exactly like JBL is describing, changing graphics settings doesn’t make a difference. While the game is running CPU load is ~20-25%, gpu ~ 10%, around 6 GB of RAM is used.

hey @bolton sorry to hear you’re having the same problems I am too…I haven’t found a resolution, giving up on Pathfinder games at this point (was gonna buy WoRT, but don’t want to risk any more $$$ on Owlcat games).

Got exactly same problem here
No mods, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X / RTX 3070

I noticed the difference after installing KB5006670, maybe just coincidence